Cameron House Marina Members' Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Thieves return to the marina with vengence

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
anjo

anjo

Thieves return to the marina with vengence Empty
PostSubject: Thieves return to the marina with vengence   Thieves return to the marina with vengence Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 6:19 pm

The thieves return last night at midnight only to abondon the boat they came in and stole a tender form "C" Leg.
Police retrieved the slashed tender in the early hours along with an outboard that they swapped over.

They must have planned to do the boats on "A" leg again except this time further up at infinitis's berth only to be rumbled by myself and my son who were still up at that time. They took off when challenged only to head for "C" leg as we had the registration from the boat they arrived in. I contacted the CH duty manager after getting the tel no form Quantum Leap to call the Police. At that same time we heard an outboard motor heading away from "C" leg towards the Leven and then we noticed the boat they had originally abandoned was adrift with out the outboard.

John
Back to top Go down
SP

SP

PostSubject: Marina security   Thieves return to the marina with vengence Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 12:58 am

Hi John,

Well this is another good reason to confront the general manager at the big house & stop waisting time talking to Marina staff who obviously are out of there depth with a problem like this, Especially as the Marina management are not given a budget to improve anything on the Marina. You just have to look at the state of the jetty & jetty services to see all the money from Boat revenue gets spent elsewhere.

Thanks for the efforts to all concerned last night.

I did tell you it was Three names in the frame

SP
Back to top Go down
anjo

anjo

PostSubject: Thieves return to the marina with vengence   Thieves return to the marina with vengence Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 7:14 am

Already taken care off with General Manager who has confirmed it is priority and that a company has been instructed to survey and install for the marina. I have also suggested low level lighting along the break water pointing towards "A" leg.

John
Back to top Go down
Mickross2000

Mickross2000

PostSubject: Re: Thieves return to the marina with vengence   Thieves return to the marina with vengence Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 1:20 am

Yup, we got caught out too, however were luckier than others. Only 3 wetsuits stolen last week from the back of Harry.
Back to top Go down
anjo

anjo

PostSubject: Re: Thieves return to the marina with vengence   Thieves return to the marina with vengence Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 2:45 am

Mickross2000 wrote:
Yup, we got caught out too, however were luckier than others. Only 3 wetsuits stolen last week from the back of Harry.

Mick I heard that you lost 2 wetsuits I have invested in an alarm system that will contact 6 numbers if an intruder is detected and CCTV will be installed this week.

I am sure that they theives are so stupid they will come back again as they did on Friday at 23:55 hrs. They take items form the deck area and also survey what is inside the boat for the next visit.

Notice that nothing about this has been mention in the local newspaper.

John
Back to top Go down
Mickross2000

Mickross2000

PostSubject: Re: Thieves return to the marina with vengence   Thieves return to the marina with vengence Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 2:58 am

Hi John,

Thanks for that, yes we have cleared the decks and there is nothing to see from outside within the cabin. Definately all 3 suits gone though? However it could have been worse!
Back to top Go down
Mickross2000

Mickross2000

PostSubject: Re: Thieves return to the marina with vengence   Thieves return to the marina with vengence Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 3:04 am

As an asside. Along with boat alarms, locks etc, it would be beneficial if the Marina would actually deploy the promised wireless capability down all legs. This would also allow members to install IP cameras to keep an eye on their own boats........ Not to mention the ability to work from the back of what has got to be the best form of office ever! :-)
Back to top Go down
anjo

anjo

PostSubject: Re: Thieves return to the marina with vengence   Thieves return to the marina with vengence Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 3:28 am

This could happen eventually the only problem would be bandwidth on the broadband with all those indivdual cameras.

Hotel management are now going ahead to install a security system hopefully we get what we want.

John
Back to top Go down
thecarboss

thecarboss

PostSubject: Re: Thieves return to the marina with vengence   Thieves return to the marina with vengence Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 4:55 am

I spoke to the marina this morning and was told the same thing about the cameras, 2-3 weeks before they go in. In the meantime they have contracted a security company to patrol overnight.

John who got the name of the A**H***'s that done your boat ?

Paul
Back to top Go down
http://www.elitemotorcompany.com
anjo

anjo

PostSubject: Re: Thieves return to the marina with vengence   Thieves return to the marina with vengence Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 5:07 am

thecarboss wrote:
I spoke to the marina this morning and was told the same thing about the cameras, 2-3 weeks before they go in. In the meantime they have contracted a security company to patrol overnight.

John who got the name of the A**H***'s that done your boat ?

Paul

Paul we have the names of a couple of known water rats who raided the boats on the Leven, but to prove that is the same rats they have to be caught red handed. No doubt the police will be watching them and I hope they catch them. They will come back as the marina is a rich picking ground for them.

If all boat owners who are staying at the marina should take great care and remove all valuable out of site. Then they have a less chance of items going a miss, but we all seem to leave our boats open even if it is to use the marina toilet facilities for a shower etc.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thieves return to the marina with vengence   Thieves return to the marina with vengence Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thieves return to the marina with vengence
Page 1 of 1