Cameron House Marina Members' Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Boat House - Private Functions

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Mickross2000

Mickross2000

The Boat House - Private Functions Empty
PostSubject: The Boat House - Private Functions   The Boat House - Private Functions Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 1:24 am

Morning All,

Am I the only one getting a little frustrated with being turned asway from the Bar / Resturant due to private functions? Saturday night my daughter and I were practically kicked off the outside seating area, (using the wireless beacuse they still have not got that service sorted throughout the marine yet), and were invited to leave due to the private function.

Surely it would make more sense to allow members to use the outside area at least to buy drinks / food while using the inside for their function, thus making more money? Or am I just talking commercial nonsense?
Back to top Go down
anjo

anjo

PostSubject: Re: The Boat House - Private Functions   The Boat House - Private Functions Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 2:39 am

Mickross2000 wrote:
Morning All,

Am I the only one getting a little frustrated with being turned asway from the Bar / Resturant due to private functions? Saturday night my daughter and I were practically kicked off the outside seating area, (using the wireless beacuse they still have not got that service sorted throughout the marine yet), and were invited to leave due to the private function.

Surely it would make more sense to allow members to use the outside area at least to buy drinks / food while using the inside for their function, thus making more money? Or am I just talking commercial nonsense?

Mick your were not the only ones turned away from what I have heard. It appears they can just shut the Boathouse at any time to accommodate a function. I would not be surprised if Cameron House had over booked the fuction rooms at the hotel and used the Boat House as a back up. You are right no notice given and you should have not been moved away from the outside seating area.

Something will have to be done about this as it is a facility for marina members as if it is not bad enough with Boat House customer moving the seating on to the pathway which prevents access with trolleys.

John
Back to top Go down
SP

SP

PostSubject: Private function   The Boat House - Private Functions Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 3:02 am

Hi Mick

Firstly welcome aboard shipmate.

Yes Three people who use the restaurant frequently where turned away from the boathouse at 7PM, When he asked what time the first sitting was he was told 8.30PM. He offered to eat & leave within40Mins but they still refused his custom, What a shambles as usual with C/House

SP Shocked
Back to top Go down
SKYEDEN

SKYEDEN

PostSubject: Private Functions   The Boat House - Private Functions Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 2:40 am

Hi Mick

No your not the only one getting frustrated with this, I’m a new member to the Marina, 1st season, 1st boat and after handing over my £3k I’m looking to make the most of the facilities and continue to top up DeVere’s bank balance.

Twice now we have had to leave for a private function and I have only been a member for about 8-9 weeks

The last time just p******* me off completely, said to the wife why don't you, me and my 2 wee girls stay on the boat tonight, nice evening, have some food, a few drinks then retire to the boat as were 5 mins away perfect.

To my horror it was another private function, our evening ruined, so it was a sprint to catch last bar meals at Cameron House in order to save the evening, didn’t fancy another McDonalds lol

Now its clear to me that its not the Marina members boathouse but DeVere’s to do as they please, the problem here is lack of competition, 2 more similar size marinas on the bonnie banks would soon provide a service for paying members

God even if they could email you or inform you of such events, thankfully I was not driving from miles away but live locally, that would have been worse a 3 hour drive to your marina and boathouse only to be told no not tonight folks

Rant over alien
Back to top Go down
http://www.campbellsairconditioning.co.uk
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Boat House - Private Functions   The Boat House - Private Functions Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 1:32 pm

Maybe we should book a private marina members only function in it sometime? Just as a big get together along the lines of last years BBQ, with vastly reduced drinks of course Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.cameronmarina.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Boat House - Private Functions   The Boat House - Private Functions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Boat House - Private Functions
Page 1 of 1