HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Docking made easier even a 6 year old can do it

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
anjo

PostSubject: Docking made easier even a 6 year old can do it   Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:21 am

Hi all,

Just found this on another website and thought that I would share it. No doubt you have all heard about the Mercruiser Zuis system and Volvo IPS well now Mercruiser now have the Axius system for outdrives and I believe Volvo are introducing a similar system shortly. It is so easy even a six year old can dock a boat.Maybe putting some of us to shame.

http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/video/six-year-old-landon-drives-a-sea-ray-310-sundancer-using-the-axius/EC38828287D8B22D57EDEC38828287D8B22D57ED

Also see link below to Axius for anybody who wants a play with it.

http://www.smartcraftnetworked.com/sct_v11/SmartCraft_Tech_V11.html

I WANT IT ON MY NEXT BOAT.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Silver Snare

PostSubject: Re: Docking made easier even a 6 year old can do it   Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:31 pm

John,

Another thing to go wrong me thinks !!!!! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SP

PostSubject: Re: Docking made easier even a 6 year old can do it   Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:58 am

Seen the price of the system,

Im just going to let my Grandson take the boat out & bring it in for me A lot cheeper & he wont drink my beer LOL

Happy New Year to All

drunken
Back to top Go down
View user profile
anjo

PostSubject: Re: Docking made easier even a 6 year old can do it   Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:38 am

The trouble with this type of technology is that it requires fly-by-wire and used in a salty environment means trouble with the electronics as a few posts on other web forums have mentioned.

Stick with the good old fashion cables and levers that way if it breaks you can mend it. Fly-by-wire breaks means pounds on diagnostics
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jellybean

PostSubject: Re: Docking made easier even a 6 year old can do it   Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:09 am

It does work!!! Laughing

Last summer my then 8yr old parked up a Fairline Targa 47 Grand Turismo fitted with IPS....under the VERY close watch of Fairlines very own delivery skipper in a very busy berth at Kip. Shocked

I was, well shall we say "nervous" about driving it on the open water never mind at close quarters. It's amazing to watch and IMHO much easier to operate than thrusters. He made it look so easy....I still won't let him drive my 21 footer right enough Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
anjo

PostSubject: Re: Docking made easier even a 6 year old can do it   Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:34 am

The trouble with IPS and the like if one engine fails they are no back up. Although I like the idea I still prefer the twin drives and a bow thruster as I have on my S34. If bow thruster fails I still have the 2 drives to get me in. And if one engine fails I still have a good engine and bow thruster.

With IPS I would still prefer to have a bow thruster just in case especially on a Targa 47.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SKYEDEN

PostSubject: Old School   Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:56 pm

Think this guy is old school, puts all these gadets to shame

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gw8F_GyUBYU&feature=related
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.campbellsairconditioning.co.uk
Mickross2000

PostSubject: Re: Docking made easier even a 6 year old can do it   Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:17 pm

I prefer the stressfull, shout at the wife, threaten my daughter, blood sweat and tears approach to berthing.

lol

(You think I am kidding just watch next time we are out! lol)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Docking made easier even a 6 year old can do it   

Back to top Go down

Docking made easier even a 6 year old can do it
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1