Cameron House Marina Members' Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

WI-FI - Could it be True!!!!

Go down 
+6
anjo
Admin
thecarboss
la belle helene
honeybee
Mickross2000
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Mickross2000

Mickross2000

WI-FI - Could it be True!!!! Empty
PostSubject: WI-FI - Could it be True!!!!   WI-FI - Could it be True!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 11:29 am

Hi All,

I know we have been promised this wifi service for some years however, please find below a quote from an e-mail recieved from De-vere today:

"Good morning Michael and thank you for your email.

I am truly sorry it has taken us so long to have wi-fi fitted at the Marina but I am delighted to say that unless we hit any technical hitches this will happen over the 29th & 30th April.

Thank you once again for your email."

Okay so we won't hold our breath but hey it may just happen soon! lol Twisted Evil

Mick
Back to top Go down
honeybee

PostSubject: Re: WI-FI - Could it be True!!!!   WI-FI - Could it be True!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 11:55 am

Fantastic, this means I can "Work From Home" in the summer !
Back to top Go down
Mickross2000

Mickross2000

PostSubject: Re: WI-FI - Could it be True!!!!   WI-FI - Could it be True!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 11:59 am

My thoughts exactly! lol
Back to top Go down
la belle helene

la belle helene

PostSubject: wifi   WI-FI - Could it be True!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 12:31 pm

I find it incredible that 'the mangement' do not use the forum to inform all users on their progress to update the martina services!
Back to top Go down
thecarboss

thecarboss

PostSubject: Re: WI-FI - Could it be True!!!!   WI-FI - Could it be True!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 2:05 am

Unfortunately there are 215 berths at the marina and only 55 members on this forum and not all from Cameron marina.

However the marina/boathouse should have some sort of on-line information or message board that they can post events on. I fell victim to the poor communication on Saturday as well. My daughter has not been at the marina for over a year and wanted to eat in the boathouse with us and only found out it was closed when we arrived after 6 and was too late to get food at Scots bar.
Back to top Go down
http://www.elitemotorcompany.com
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: WI-FI - Could it be True!!!!   WI-FI - Could it be True!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 6:42 am

Could be true! I managed to pick up both the cctv wireless and one called 'cameronhousemarina' last week. It wasn't connected to the internet at the other end but here hoping it is next week.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cameronmarina.co.uk
anjo

anjo

PostSubject: Re: WI-FI - Could it be True!!!!   WI-FI - Could it be True!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 2:23 am

Both of those sites are actually the cameras not the wi-fi setup.
Back to top Go down
SKYEDEN

SKYEDEN

PostSubject: Re: WI-FI - Could it be True!!!!   WI-FI - Could it be True!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 2:51 pm

I was down today between 8am to about lunch time and there were a few guys working on this about half way up B leg and also at the boathouse on the roof so certainley going ahead guys Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.campbellsairconditioning.co.uk
Mickross2000

Mickross2000

PostSubject: Re: WI-FI - Could it be True!!!!   WI-FI - Could it be True!!!! Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 3:02 am

Well it would seem the statment from De'vere was false! and in answer to my original question. No it wasnt true! :-(
Back to top Go down
anjo

anjo

PostSubject: Re: WI-FI - Could it be True!!!!   WI-FI - Could it be True!!!! Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 4:01 am

Mick,

It is true about the WiFi as the installed another antenna on B leg. The problem is they have lost the broadband connection to the Big House as broadband could not even be picked up at the Boat House, so fingers crossed it should be sorted shortly. Only trouble is if some owners are thinking transmitting camera picks over the WiFi it will drag down the bandwidth. I think they will have to put the connection on a time limit to prevent the bandwidth from degrading.
Back to top Go down
Mickross2000

Mickross2000

PostSubject: Re: WI-FI - Could it be True!!!!   WI-FI - Could it be True!!!! Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 4:58 am

Thanks for the update John. Mywide was up yesterday and could not find it.
But your explanation would set that straight. I withdraw my earlier negative remark.

Mick
Back to top Go down
anjo

anjo

PostSubject: Re: WI-FI - Could it be True!!!!   WI-FI - Could it be True!!!! Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 1:27 am

Guys,

The WiFi for the marina should be available from Tuesday when the connection from the marina to the big hoose will be repaired.
Back to top Go down
anjo

anjo

PostSubject: Re: WI-FI - Could it be True!!!!   WI-FI - Could it be True!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 3:42 pm

The WiFi is now up and running at the marina. Signal strength is quite good, but I assume this will depend on where your boat is located within the marina and how close you are to a WiFi antenna.
Back to top Go down
Mickross2000

Mickross2000

PostSubject: Re: WI-FI - Could it be True!!!!   WI-FI - Could it be True!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 8:49 am

Just recieved this mail today. Seems all their problems are sorted now:

Hi Mr. Ross

Just to let you know internet access has finally arrived at the marina.

So you can now sit on your boat and surf the net, or work
Back to top Go down
Papa.T

Papa.T

PostSubject: Re: WI-FI - Could it be True!!!!   WI-FI - Could it be True!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 7:18 am

not where we are on c leg, also no camera coverage on c leg!!! pale
Back to top Go down
Jumpy07

Jumpy07

PostSubject: Re: WI-FI - Could it be True!!!!   WI-FI - Could it be True!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 8:12 am

Get one of these.. I used to have problems with the Marinas on the Clyde.. this a High Power Wireless adapter... 5 x more power than average..

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/GENUINE-High-Power-Alfa-Networks-AWUS036H-USB-Wifi-/200426174113?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Computing_Networking_SM&hash=item2eaa54b6a1

CJ
Back to top Go down
http://www.boatlochlomond.com
thecarboss

thecarboss

PostSubject: Re: WI-FI - Could it be True!!!!   WI-FI - Could it be True!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 9:46 pm

Stoneage connection at the marina.

Upload speed 119 Kbps

download speed 512kbps

fine for e-mails but don't plan on streaming TV or video No No
Back to top Go down
http://www.elitemotorcompany.com
honeybee

PostSubject: Re: WI-FI - Could it be True!!!!   WI-FI - Could it be True!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 2:18 am

No probs at my location for browsing and streaming at the same time.

Fab service.

Chris
Back to top Go down
don jaime

PostSubject: Wifi   WI-FI - Could it be True!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 2:48 pm

Hi Mick, I seen your comment on wifi arriving in 2010 but wasn't able to connect from my boat or the boathouse. Had to go over to the bar in the house to be able to get any signal strength which is ok occasionally but like many would want to "work from home" Wink Any news? Jim
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WI-FI - Could it be True!!!!   WI-FI - Could it be True!!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WI-FI - Could it be True!!!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cameron House Marina Members' Forum :: General Marina Chat-
Jump to: