Cameron House Marina Members' Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

car park closure

Go down 
+5
Mickross2000
Sherbit Dip
BIG ZEBEDEE
Vera-Scunnert
la belle helene
9 posters
AuthorMessage
la belle helene

la belle helene

car park closure Empty
PostSubject: car park closure   car park closure Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 12:42 pm

May I ask 'the management' or admin why the loch-side car park was closed for three days last week. I initially thought that the potholes were going to be repaired or the ares was to be resurfaced. I was later informed that it was for a wedding party to be held last Saturday but I only saw 1 car parked there on Saturday night. Oh, and by the way, no potholes were filled either within the three day window!
Back to top Go down
Vera-Scunnert

car park closure Empty
PostSubject: Re: car park closure   car park closure Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 3:23 am

la belle helene wrote:
May I ask 'the management' or admin why the loch-side car park was closed for three days last week. I initially thought that the potholes were going to be repaired or the ares was to be resurfaced. I was later informed that it was for a wedding party to be held last Saturday but I only saw 1 car parked there on Saturday night. Oh, and by the way, no potholes were filled either within the three day window!

It was closed (as you say for three days) so that a group of dutch visitors could parade up and down it for half an hour behind a piper as part of a function for which the boathouse was closed all day saturday to everyone else. Not only that but the boathouse front grass was replaced for them and the fuel berth path was relaid 'cos they wanted access to the lawn behind the boathouse. Naturally, the sand on the north-east foreshore of that lawn had to be raked in order to ensure its 5 star perfection - yes seriously - the gardners did that on Friday!!! so they never quite got round to car-park pot-holes Sad .

The best is yet to come though - that whole lawn was, and again now is, covered with no smoking / no naked flames notices (because of the petrol leak somewhere unknown along the length of the fuel pipeline which is keeping the petrol pump closed). Not on saturday night it wasnt though! The north-east beach had open braziers burning along its length (naked flames) and - just in case the party goers were worried about the danger of a nearby 5000 litre fuel tank explosion - those kind hotel people had hidden all the danger signage and tank breather pipes beside the fuel tanks by covering them up with drapery and other stuff. No doubt the dutchmen were crushing out their cigar butts on the fuel tank lids unaware of the vapour danger!! Evil or Very Mad bom So much for management belief in health & safety of staff and guests at CH!!!

Various marina members and others saw this criminal irresponsibility happening, and frankly couldnt believe what they were seeing. That is quite apart from those of us who wanted a meal and (yet again) were turned away from the boathouse on saturday. You could just not believe the level of sheer stupidity, irresponsibility and greed which drives these hotel numpties. It was clear that the marina staff were apalled and raging about it too if their reaction on sunday was anything to go by, because it makes a total nonsense of everything they have been trying to do (and do well) with health & safety and SEPA (since mid december) for the safety of the members over this fuel issue, on which the hotel still seems to be fannying about and unable to even get the work started after 4 months.

Vera Scunnert
Back to top Go down
BIG ZEBEDEE

BIG ZEBEDEE

car park closure Empty
PostSubject: Re: car park closure   car park closure Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 8:37 am

Maybe the price the Dutchmen payed for their function will go towards filling in the potholes cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.cerysmatthews.co.uk/
Sherbit Dip

Sherbit Dip

car park closure Empty
PostSubject: Re: car park closure   car park closure Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 11:56 am

For anyone interested in following this up :

SEPA : http://www.sepa.org.uk/about_us/contacting_sepa.aspx

HSE : http://www.hse.gov.uk/contact/

DeVere : http://www.cameronhouse.co.uk/cameron-house.html (01389 755 565)

Also, the Marina Manager has been offered a private controlled area of this site to be an Official/Unofficial Marina Notice Board, but this has continually been rejected. The marina email newsletters and updates have dried up since the winter weather warnings.

Colin and the marina staff are always happy to help, but are possibly restrained by the resort management in what they can do or say regarding marina business.

The DeVere website seems to have removed all reference to the existance of the marina ........... maybe there's something they are trying to tell us !!
Back to top Go down
http://www.gmiuk.com
Vera-Scunnert

car park closure Empty
PostSubject: Re: car park closure   car park closure Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 12:45 pm

Quote from Big Zebedee
Maybe the price the Dutchmen payed for their function will go towards filling in the potholes

Why are you posting in this area of the forum - you are not a marina member. Making light of deliberate endangerment of the health and safety of marina members or other guests at CH by the management is not appreciated one bit. Go away.

Vera
Back to top Go down
Mickross2000

Mickross2000

car park closure Empty
PostSubject: Re: car park closure   car park closure Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 2:13 pm

Lets not forget the absolutley massive firework display at the boat house at around 9.30pm. No notice of that either. Scared the living day lights out of me and the family as we were relaxing on board. Spoke to the Marina staff on Sunday morning and they agreed it was OTT as they could see it from their houses!

And they are worrying about the odd stray Fag!

Beggers belief.
Back to top Go down
Vera-Scunnert

car park closure Empty
PostSubject: Re: car park closure   car park closure Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 2:29 pm

Quote from Sherbit Dip
Also, the Marina Manager has been offered a private controlled area of this site to be an Official/Unofficial Marina Notice Board, but this has continually been rejected. The marina email newsletters and updates have dried up since the winter weather warnings.

Vera says: Very acute observation!?!!? If you were this marina's manager, would you respond independently to such issues? You would either have to be suicidal or Mad bonkers!

Colin and the marina staff are always happy to help, but are possibly restrained by the resort management in what they can do or say regarding marina business.

Vera says: No doubt they are. And yes, as per the answer above, just possibly!!!

The DeVere website seems to have removed all reference to the existance of the marina ........... maybe there's something they are trying to tell us !!

Vera says: If they are, please let it be that they plan to sell the boat park to Marina Developments Ltd or similar. They don't want leads to this forum, just as they dont want marina members - only their money quick time.

Vera
Back to top Go down
BIG ZEBEDEE

BIG ZEBEDEE

car park closure Empty
PostSubject: Re: car park closure   car park closure Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 10:44 am

Vera-Scunnert wrote:
Quote from Big Zebedee
Maybe the price the Dutchmen payed for their function will go towards filling in the potholes

Why are you posting in this area of the forum - you are not a marina member. Making light of deliberate endangerment of the health and safety of marina members or other guests at CH by the management is not appreciated one bit. Go away.

Vera

For one, No I won't go away, I recieved an E-mail last year telling me about a Forum for Loch Lomond users which was this one "Members & loch Lomond users forum"
I'm a loch Lomond user, does that not entitle me to my opinion on any part of this forum, I'm not restricted in any way using any part of the forum so why not use it to voice my opinion, after all thats what forums are for are they not. I feel I was in no way offensive with my comment & never will intend to be offensive although I am using restraint at the moment. I still stand by my comment albeit "Making light of deliberate endangerment of the health and safety of marina members or other guests at CH by the management"
One thing I've learned in life is that sometimes you have to make light of a bad situation & I've had to practice this in a lot worse conditions than a few pot holes on the road, believe me.
One more thing for you to think about, have you ever considered the financial state of DeVere, I could be right maybe things are that tight that the function from a wealthy Dutchman may well just pay for the road to be re-surfaced, Not in Gold might I add so that could be another thing you could moan about at a later date
Back to top Go down
Sherbit Dip

Sherbit Dip

car park closure Empty
PostSubject: Re: car park closure   car park closure Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 3:25 pm

Big Z, you are most welcome to use this site and voice your opinions.
Whilst the site lives under the CameronMarina site name, it is most certainly not restricted in any way to marina members, and input from all loch users is MOST welcome.

The site is moderated by several users, and if what your post was seen as offensive it would have been removed - and it has not been removed.

Keep the thought (restrained as you feel approp) coming.

Cheers ......
Back to top Go down
http://www.gmiuk.com
Vera-Scunnert

car park closure Empty
PostSubject: Re: car park closure   car park closure Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 8:34 am

Sherbit Dip said:

Big Z, you are most welcome to use this site and voice your opinions.
Whilst the site lives under the CameronMarina site name, it is most certainly not restricted in any way to marina members

Ah! Well that would certainly explain why most marina members arent registered or ever seam to use it, wouldn't it. The "cameron house marina members forum" users seam to consist mostly of a bunch of anorak blokes addicted to forums, with most from anywhere except cameron house marina, who only want to constantly swop childish drivel with each other about their latest gadgets and toys and "where they are going on the loch this weekend" as if anyone cared. Get a life. The marina members forum should be for postings from marina members only, or were the marina members never asked. In fact, who exactly are you that runs this forum and on what authority from the marina members at Cameron for it to be in there name?

Maybe cameron house marina members should all object to the use of a forum name under false pretenses which suggests it has something to do with them in particular, when it obviously doesnt.

What we need is a new ladies web forum for female marina members only, so we can talk to each other privately about you dossers and all the guff you talk. What do you think girls? Laughing

Vera
Back to top Go down
kennyh

kennyh

car park closure Empty
PostSubject: Re: car park closure   car park closure Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 8:51 am

Quote :
What we need is a new ladies web forum for female marina members only, so we can talk to each other privately about you dossers and all the guff you talk. What do you think girls?

Well I think you should start one Vera; and then perhaps you'll calm down.

I for one am quite happy having input from anyone around my "Gadgets" - I'd like to call them instruments - or "Toys" - I'd like to call that my boat. And as far as "Anorak" is concerned, mine is a rather nice Musto BR1 Inshore jacket I got yesterday; and I'm wearing it as I type.

The wonders of the internet is that anyone can start up any forum they wish for like-minded individuals to share experiences, jokes, knowledge, pictures, anecdotes etc as they see fit. And I'd like to give a personal thanks to whoever started this one up as it has been very useful so far.

This site has been provided, free of charge, for all that wish to use it. If you want an "Official/Authorised" site, then please feel free to approach Devere who most likely will add a little on to your mooring fees to cover the costs as well as take a few years to go through the process of authorising it, designing it, building it, hosting it, securing it, publicising it and maintaining it.

Kind Regards and respect to all
Kenny.

p.s. I've no affiliation with this site or its administrators.
Back to top Go down
BIG ZEBEDEE

BIG ZEBEDEE

car park closure Empty
PostSubject: Re: car park closure   car park closure Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 10:05 am

Vera-Scunnert wrote:
What we need is a new ladies web forum for female marina members only, so we can talk to each other privately about you dossers and all the guff you talk. What do you think girls? Laughing

Vera

Vera, you don't even have to start another forum so you can talk to each other privately. Just use that little pink heading that says private message, it's pink for a reason Laughing Laughing

I must ask you a question Vera, last year I'm sure it was there was a boat at Inchmoan south beach, a CH registered boat, it was on the east end of the beach. A pleasantly mannered 12 year old boy was out paddling his canoe & was maybe 18yds from that boat when a woman shouted at him "watch the boat, stay away from the boat......GO AWAY"
Since last night I can't help get the feeling that this woman could've been you. I don't know why, I just do.
That boat had been too close to the shore that day & when it was time for them to head back to the marina for a fresh pimms the boat was grounded & grounded for at least half an hour shooting sand & stones halfway up the beach. I felt physically sick for that poor boat.......was that you on that boat?
Kisses on the Bottom pig pig

Cheers for the reassurance SD, Maybe my posts or comments are not the most intelectual, but hey I'm Big Zebedee & thats just the way I am. I aim to harm no-one cheers

Kenny, What can I say, your profile pic says it all, we could be 2 peas in a pod Laughing Laughing Laughing

La belle helene, sorry for causing a hoo haa on your thread No
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

car park closure Empty
PostSubject: Re: car park closure   car park closure Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 11:01 am

@ Vera:

Nowhere on this forum does it say that it is for marina members 'only'. As the large letters at the top quite obviously say it is for 'Marina members AND Loch Lomond users' and pretty much anyone else who wants to make a useful contribution.

It was set up to allow members to share experiences, keep up-to-date with the latest going ons and offer help to each others problems. When it was created it was the only forum to offer this to loch users and at this it has very successful, with people meeting and become friendly with others in the marina and the loch that they otherwise wouldn't have. This will hopefully continue!

It was NOT however set up exclusively for marina members to attack Cameron House and the actual marina, although it has raised some issues.

If you would like to stay and hear the latest news at the marina (as you probably won't hear it from the marina themselves) and contribute in a friendly manner then please feel free to stay, if not, then as you very well put it yourself, please 'go away.'

Regards
Admin
Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.cameronmarina.co.uk
BIG ZEBEDEE

BIG ZEBEDEE

car park closure Empty
PostSubject: Re: car park closure   car park closure Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 11:22 am

Mickross2000 wrote:
Lets not forget the absolutley massive firework display at the boat house at around 9.30pm. No notice of that either. Scared the living day lights out of me and the family as we were relaxing on board. Spoke to the Marina staff on Sunday morning and they agreed it was OTT as they could see it from their houses!

And they are worrying about the odd stray Fag!

Beggers belief.

Missed this post due to looking through red mist. Is that where the fireworks were coming from? I was camping on south Inchconnachan & we could hear them from there as well as the sky being lit up. Must've been pretty scary down at the marina with no prior warning.
Me & my son thought it was Thunder & lightning at first
Back to top Go down
Vera-Scunnert

car park closure Empty
PostSubject: Re: car park closure   car park closure Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 5:57 pm

Admin wrote:

It was NOT however set up exclusively for marina members to attack Cameron House and the actual marina, although it has raised some issues.

If you would like to stay and hear the latest news at the marina (as you probably won't hear it from the marina themselves) and contribute in a friendly manner then please feel free to stay, if not, then as you very well put it yourself, please 'go away.'

Excuse me, Admin, but my post earlier in this thread did not set out "to attack Cameron House and the actual marina" as you rather unwisely imply. I have been a CHM member for several years and we are every year paying huge money for the 'privilege' to be here. The least I expect from membership is that I and my kids are not put at serious personal risk by some non marina CH employees who ignore all the safety restrictions which have been put in place by H & S, SEPA, and first, very wisely, by the marina management themselves, on the lawn east of the boathouse, via the actions of other non marina staff last saturday, which were clearly highly illegal and totally irresponsible. Such actions could be repeated at any time. My point is not about the marina staff, as you are no doubt already well aware (but set out above to twist by implying I was attacking the marina), who are doing their jobs as well as they are allowed to in very difficult circumstances, and with the full support of most well informed marina members including me.

If you, Admin, cannot support reasonable positions when expressed by your own marina members, you have zero right to call yourself the "cameron house marina members forum" since your attitude reflects nothing whatever to do with the interests of marina members - and I can tell you that many I have spoken to in the marina think your forum is an utter waste of time as far as they are concerned, which is no doubt why pitifully few marina members register or use it.

No doubt you can play mr stalin of the CH forum thought police by making me "go away" by cancelling my forum account just for telling the truth, but that will not stop the exposure of some further on-going home truths afterwards on this forum when necessary.

Vera

P.S. I note you havent provided details of who runs this forum, and by what authority you call yourself the CH marina members forum
Back to top Go down
thecarboss

thecarboss

car park closure Empty
PostSubject: Re: car park closure   car park closure Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 1:32 am

Staying At CH marina is not a privilege its all bought and paid for and available to anyone who is prepared to pay the fee's. I've been at the marina 15 years and could own a small island by now if i'd put the fee money away.

What is a privilege is being invited onto a forum that someone has invested a lot of time creating and administrating and allowing forum members to use it FREE of any charge.

Allowing non marina members to use it will only add to its diversity after all apart from the weekends there is not much to talk about on a regular basis about CH.

I for one don't believe that because i am fortunate to be able to afford my berth makes me a better person than someone who launches from a trailer at the slip. We choose to berth in a private marina for various reasons but surely not so we can scof at the rif-raf.

Admin....I do think that non-marina members should be charged a beer from time to time just for the privilege of talking to the high and mighty in the marina. queen They should also be made to salute to port as they head to the fuel jetty ( if it re-opens) as a further mark of respect.....especially Zeb. jocolor
Back to top Go down
http://www.elitemotorcompany.com
Vera-Scunnert

car park closure Empty
PostSubject: Re: fuel berth   car park closure Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 3:28 am

Car Boss said ........................................................................................................

Vera says: Que?
Back to top Go down
Mickross2000

Mickross2000

car park closure Empty
PostSubject: Re: car park closure   car park closure Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 7:04 am

Okay everyone but just my 10 pence worth here and I wait with trepidation on the responses I get now. cyclops

I think you both have a point to be honest. Originally when this site was set up, I did raise that maybe there should be a private area for Marina Members Only to discuss the "private" issues of the marina without advertising to everyone. that is not beacuse we are better or worse than anyone else but from my perspective you don't do your dirty laundry in public so to speak. In some cases I do think the fact that the forum is not "private" has stopped many members from signing up. Should we be able to use this medium to put pressure on De-Vere and the Marina staff to do the right thing? I think so.

However again there is always value & it is important to have the perspective of other boat users on the loch when it comes to advice, loch politics etc.

I'm sure there is room for all of us on here. i for one have found it a very valueable tool to make friends, gain advice & information and to help where I can too.

Surely there is a middle ground we can find (Admin?)

Let's just enjoy boating!

Mick
Back to top Go down
BIG ZEBEDEE

BIG ZEBEDEE

car park closure Empty
PostSubject: Re: car park closure   car park closure Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 10:30 am

FFS, all I said was that a function could probably pay for pot holes to be filled in. I gave up a pub in september for the very reason that things are so incredibly tight in the trade. All water under the bridge though!

Oh! Carboss, the only time I'll be anywhere near the Marina is when I've got a re-breather strapped to my back & a 2" hand drill in my hand Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil affraid
Back to top Go down
thecarboss

thecarboss

car park closure Empty
PostSubject: Re: car park closure   car park closure Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 2:12 pm

lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.elitemotorcompany.com
la belle helene

la belle helene

car park closure Empty
PostSubject: Re: car park closure   car park closure Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 4:39 pm

I must introduce myself as a new berth holder at CH this year and I am sorry that my original tongue in cheek ( I thought) comment about the potholes in the car park has caused such a varied response although it would seem that some steam or petrol vapours had to be vented.
I can still jar my old bones when taking the dogs for their walk beyond the car park and would appreciate the car park to be attended to. However, Admin, I do not accept that my comment is an attack against the De Veere organisation but a genuine concern about the poor state of the car park.
As I was asked for a berth number when I signed up for the CH forum I expected this forum was for CH members and joined the boating loch lomond forum as a loch lomond user. I have enjoyed the information available on both forums and have found them extremely helpful as a new user of the loch. having come from Largs where the wind and wave motion can be more uncomfortable and have thoroughly enjoyed the loch up to now and intend to do so in the future.
Although I am a new member of CH I can already appreciate the friendliness and professionalism of the marina and boathouse staff and can appreciate that one arm may be well tied behind the back of 'the big hoose.
I also fully agrre that we are all here to enjoy the wonderful cruising available on the loch and would be horrified if there was such an atagonism between digffrent registration letters on the loch and not to be able to depend on others if help was required.
I trust that this topic may now be brought to a conclusion.
Best regards to all
Bill & Helen
La Belle Helene.
ps I wasnted to call it 'THIS WAY UP' but lost. Quelle Surprise!!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

car park closure Empty
PostSubject: Re: car park closure   car park closure Icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 6:20 am

Quote :
However, Admin, I do not accept that my comment is an attack against the De Veere organisation but a genuine concern about the poor state of the car park.

Oh complaining about devere isn't a problem. I'm very happy for the issues to be raised, then hopefully something will be done about them! I just meant that the forum is for more than just that. Smile

With regards to a private forum area, I have enough details from the registration process to figure out who is actually a marina member. It will take a bit of time to do this, not so great when I have exams this week! I'll hopefully get something sorted sometime soon though.

Cheers Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.cameronmarina.co.uk
anjo

anjo

car park closure Empty
PostSubject: Re: car park closure   car park closure Icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 10:21 am

Ladies and gents most forum members know me personally and I have watched this post develop. What I now see is what started as one persons experiance then dveloping to all out war on forum members.

Myself and the domain owner plus the administrator developed this site to bring not just marina members together and communicate over the forum, but also the forum is open to all loch user to exchange information and debate on different topics. Lets just get this right the forum is no way run by the marina management it is totally independent, but we will follow up on events happening at the marina upon a request by a forum member. Should the continuation of attacks on each forum member continue then I am sure that the administrator and myself will then enforce the terms and conditions for this website to which all members have agreed to accept prior too joining. Sometimes we do have a bit of banter and leg pulling happening on posting, but then the individuals involved also know each other in person.

So please use the forum in accordance to the terms and conditions
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

car park closure Empty
PostSubject: Re: car park closure   car park closure Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

car park closure
Page 1 of 1