Cameron House Marina Members' Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Golf - Scottish open 8th -11th July

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
SKYEDEN

SKYEDEN

Golf - Scottish open 8th -11th July Empty
PostSubject: Golf - Scottish open 8th -11th July   Golf - Scottish open 8th -11th July Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 2:31 pm

With the golf approaching fast and having missed last year with mechanical problems hoping to make it this year for a bit of posing, banter, partying or whatever it is were supposed to do, lol!

Looking for some advice, stories from past and pointers for a newbie at this event

I guess players are there from Wednesday through to the Sunday so what days are best?

Having seen pics of the big rafts what the etiquette their, just join on?

If not the raft is it good anchoring and is the bay area deep?

Can you actually see much golf or should i bring the binoculars?

I have 2 daughters aged 4 & 7 much of a family day out? Or more for adults?

I am looking at going up for the Friday with some work mates then probably the Saturday with the family and friends

Any advice, tips etc appreciated afro
Back to top Go down
http://www.campbellsairconditioning.co.uk
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Golf - Scottish open 8th -11th July   Golf - Scottish open 8th -11th July Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 4:24 pm

Hi,

Sunday is the busiest time boats wise and the final of the golf so more interesting that way aswell I guess but saturday is fairly busy aswell. Not to sure about the thursday and friday.

Everyone is welcome on the raft, just be sensible when doing it so that your boat doesn't end up sandwiched between two 40fters. Oh and be prepared for some fun as the whole thing twists round or starts drifting towards shallow water Smile

If you don't fancy the raft then the middle of the bay is very deep but shallower towards the edges, however very shallow at the bottom of the bay. There will probably be quite a few boats anchored when you get there which should give some clue as of where to anchor.

Might be worth having a TV on in the boat if possible so that the kids can see themselves on tv when the cameras zoom into the boats. A big flag or bright coloured clothes might help with this?

Binos are essential if you want to see any close up play or players.

Make sure to take lots of pics and post them up because i'll be a T in the park so cant go :-(

Just be social, relax and enjoy!
Back to top Go down
http://www.cameronmarina.co.uk
Jumpy07

Jumpy07

PostSubject: Re: Golf - Scottish open 8th -11th July   Golf - Scottish open 8th -11th July Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 3:44 am

Some people will go to great lengths to get close to the action Shocked

Golf - Scottish open 8th -11th July Speedboat1670451c
Back to top Go down
http://www.boatlochlomond.com
SKYEDEN

SKYEDEN

PostSubject: Re: Golf - Scottish open 8th -11th July   Golf - Scottish open 8th -11th July Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 2:06 pm

No binos required there then cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.campbellsairconditioning.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Golf - Scottish open 8th -11th July   Golf - Scottish open 8th -11th July Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Golf - Scottish open 8th -11th July
Page 1 of 1