Cameron House Marina Members' Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Hi All

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
mollyii

mollyii

Hi All Empty
PostSubject: Hi All   Hi All Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 6:58 am

Just heard of this forum at the weekend from John at city boats
A very good platform for the marina members and loch users alike to voice opinions on all matters of boating on the loch.

My hat goes of to all involved in setting the site up..well done lads/ladies.

will keep an eye on the general marina chat section, this appears to be most interesting especially concerning the lateste spate of thefts & vandalism occuring in the marina...it seems that the marina is being heavily targeted lately and all must do there bit regards security and being diligent about who we just let in past the security gate even in broad daylight, ie visitors TAILGATING members in through the gate.

lets all be on our toes here until the promised additional security measures are put in place, even then however...lets be honest...this in its entirety wont stop thefts but hopefully reduce them, the marina has always been pretty secure in all the years i have been here....its just strange that this spate of incidents has just occured !!!!!!

HAPPY BOATING ALL

HOPING FOR THE SUN AT THE WEEKEND
[/font]

Cool
Back to top Go down
http://www.ptmservices.co.uk
thecarboss

thecarboss

Hi All Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi All   Hi All Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 7:59 am

Welcome to the forum. cheers

Paul
Back to top Go down
http://www.elitemotorcompany.com
mollyii

mollyii

Hi All Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi All   Hi All Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 8:11 am

Hi Paul

Glad to have joined and been told about this forum..which can only be a good thing for us marina members in the future.. hopefully in all matters concerning the marina and our err..LANDLORD !!!!

May be a good idea to ask colin to advise all members of this forum in the next marina news letter from the marina....growth is a good thing and if it grows to such an extent then the possibilty of having a loud & clear voice to voice our opinions over to the marina and CH can only also be a good thing.

peter
Back to top Go down
http://www.ptmservices.co.uk
thecarboss

thecarboss

Hi All Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi All   Hi All Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 8:34 am

I agree Peter. Ther is no reason why Colin and the marina staff cannot join the forums, it could be a way for them to answer some of the questions or even ask for help and cooperation from members. Either way it could help us all via better comunication.

Paul
Back to top Go down
anjo

anjo

Hi All Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi All   Hi All Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 4:38 am

You can ask him, but he will decline as he already knows about the forum and that it is not run by the marina management or staff. The forum is set up to bring the marina berth members and Loch Lomond boat users togethera nd discuss various topics and issues. The boss,s above know of the forum and have no negative attitude towards the forum.

Just remember to be very carefull when name dropping especially where marina staff or the company that runs the facilities to where we berth are concerned as they could be offended.

John
Back to top Go down
thecarboss

thecarboss

Hi All Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi All   Hi All Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 4:55 am

Ha .....yeah thought about that after a few post the realised that we've splashed pictures of our boats all over the forum so take the point about being carefull.

You know what its like on the BOC sometimes there can be fireworks when a couple of guys go at it on different opinions, I hope for the sake of the forum we will be more civilised.
Back to top Go down
anjo

anjo

Hi All Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi All   Hi All Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 10:39 am

Paul,

At least BOC members take no prisoners when a topic gets hot. They certainly go for the throat when they get started and the next time they want to shoot you when the discussion turns to guns.
Although one thing Bayliner do take note of the opinians from the BOC site and act on it even though they say they never look at the site.

Forums are about fredom of speach amongst a group of which we do over the Web.

I have discussed with John who is the marina local broker about joining the forum and he said he will consider it. I do not see a problem with the staff chiming in as well as it is an open forum about discussions and some fun as well. I do hope sometime Colin will join in as he does have a vast knowledge on boating and could give some good sound advice. And they have guested on the forum already.

John
Back to top Go down
thecarboss

thecarboss

Hi All Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi All   Hi All Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 12:39 pm

I know what you mean about the BOC, the dock walk obama thing is about to erupt I think. It started as a joke , all be it a bad one . They just moved it to political thread.

It would be a shame if anyone felt their hands were tied just because they were staff. I think they might worry that they get an ear bashing but as you know that shouldn't happen and thats why we have moderators.

The staff could post things like daily weather reports for the weekend that would be exellent for the members and this is a great place to post them.

Have a good trip offshore.

Paul
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hi All Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi All   Hi All Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hi All
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cameron House Marina Members' Forum :: General Marina Chat-