Cameron House Marina Members' Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Boat thefts

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
SP

SP

Boat thefts Empty
PostSubject: Boat thefts   Boat thefts Icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 1:57 am

Hi All,

It became evident at the weekend 27-28/06/09 that the boats on A leg have had a number of items removed from the boats by persons as yet unknown.

Items range from Fuel & fuel cans, Fishing equipment, Tools, Alcohol & even a propellor.

The security at the marina is a joke & the way forward would be to keep going to the office & complaining each time these unfortunate incidents occur.

One member sujested a camera half way along each leg with the ability to look in both directions along its length to see who is going on & off the boats.

I know this will intrude on your privicy but it will help protect your boat & any items aboard her.

I will be speaking to Colin later today to ask about signs to say we have cameras as I believe this will help deter the chancers out there, I do understand that we will never stop the hardened scum who prey on the decent people at the Marina. Smile
Back to top Go down
anjo

anjo

Boat thefts Empty
PostSubject: Marina thefts   Boat thefts Icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 10:57 am

The scumbags trashed me boat took 2 VHF handhelds ( 1x XM2000, 1 x Cobra vhf), 1 x X-Box 360 Arcade console with controls and power supply plus games, 1 xFuji S1000 digital camera,1 x Plastimo binoculars, 2 x Mumms champagne and also my Insect Killer lantern.

I think it is time to take action and force the CH management to act and deliver a descent security systam that will protect our vessels from being broken into.

John
Back to top Go down
moondarra

moondarra

Boat thefts Empty
PostSubject: Boat Thefts   Boat thefts Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 9:46 am

John

Sorry to hear about your thefts.

I agree absolutley, the security needs to be beefed up. Anyone could wander onto the marina mid week on a night time and most likely go unchallenged, something needs to be done. The number of times i have seen hotel guests wandering up and down the pontoons just to look at boats. The only people on those jetties should be fee paying members and their guests, no one else!

It cant be that difficult or expensive to put some form of security in place. At my last marina on windermere they employed a security guard who was present at all times and walked the jetties every couple of hours, even through the night.

As steve said you can't stop the hardened crims but a deterrent will make the chancers think twice.

Andrew
Back to top Go down
anjo

anjo

Boat thefts Empty
PostSubject: Theft   Boat thefts Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 2:34 pm

Andrew,

I have already taken measure to protect the boat, just waiting on the postman to deliver.

Purchased a Boat security system and will be picking up the CCTV system next week plus the cost of replacing the items stolen.

John
Back to top Go down
mollyii

mollyii

Boat thefts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boat thefts   Boat thefts Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 6:36 am

Hi Guys

Below is an extract email i received today by colin....it does go to show that colin is actively on the ball and pursuing the additional security requirements:

I have sent this message just a quick note to update everyone on the latest happenings within the marina

My apologies for the delay but I have hit some issues with the marina printer and so will get the newsletter out as soon as I can

During the beginning of July some members have found their vessels have been tampered with and items removed.

In an effort to combat these incidents Cameron House has implemented the next phase of the security installation, additional cameras are to be installed in the very near future. A security guard has been contracted immediately to patrol the marina and the surrounding areas during the hours of darkness. Our HR department has advertised security positions and is progressing to the final interview stage, we are hoping to have our own security personnel in place as soon as possible.

We hope these measures help to progress the enhancement of security within and around the marina, but also help the membership be more aware of the need to assess the security of their own vessels by making sure they are securely locked, tenders and valuable items are locked away out of sight.

As many of you already know we are continuing to work very closely with the Police in dealing with rise in crime being experienced within the Leven and around the Loch.

Also many thanks to the members for their vigilance in recent weeks.

Kind regards

Colin

Colin Lindsay

Marina Manager

De Vere Deluxe Cameron House
Back to top Go down
http://www.ptmservices.co.uk
SP

SP

Boat thefts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boat thefts   Boat thefts Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 10:51 am

Yes I got the same E Mail, Colin is as said before trying to do the best he can under difficult conditions set by people who in the past seem to think the marina is just a cash machine.

The more senior management have at last realised changes need to happen & I think that security is as good a place to start as anywhere else, for that I am grateful.

SP
Back to top Go down
anjo

anjo

Boat thefts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boat thefts   Boat thefts Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 12:15 pm

It is a wake up call for us all. We may have neighbourhood watch on your street and have the house alarmed plus the car will have an alarm system aswell. But we do not seem to bother about installing a security system to the boat very strange. Some of the most expensive boats at the marina are probably worth more than the car and the house put together.

Installing a security system to the boat is a deterent as is installing cameras around the marina. But if a thief want's to break into your pride and joy he will do so even if we do have deterents in place as some of them do it for the buzz others will do it for money or drugs depending on how desperate they have been. So do not give the B@*$&*d the chance and look out for each others pride and joy. Question anybody you think does not belong to the marina and report to the marina staff and close the gate behind you when entering and exiting the marina. You will be amazed at the number of visitors to the Boathouse who seem to think they can wonder onto the marina just to have a photo taken or even peer inside unattended boats because they want to see what a boat looks like from the inside. Well that is what a thief will do just blend in with the crowd.

John
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Boat thefts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boat thefts   Boat thefts Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Boat thefts
Page 1 of 1