Cameron House Marina Members' Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Intermitant fault with Mag 350 MPI on maxum 2700SCR

Go down 
+3
anjo
thecarboss
SKYEDEN
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
SKYEDEN

SKYEDEN

Intermitant fault with Mag 350 MPI on maxum 2700SCR - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Fixed at last   Intermitant fault with Mag 350 MPI on maxum 2700SCR - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 6:41 am

Finally got this problem licked, cheers for all the inputs and suggestions they all helped and I am now an expert on the Merc 350 mag mpi lol

Traced the fault down to a wonky ignition coil plug, had wiggled the wiring in this area many times trying to replicate the problem before but strangely this time it worked and cut the engine off, half a dozen more times and eureka cut out every time but only if I bent the wires a certain direction and only the pink wire – (12v from power relay)

So with the plug being part of the loom and not sold separately I decided to solder 3 wires directly onto the terminals on the coil and then use connectors to the loom wires, all fired up, wiggled away no cut out, sea trials yesterday WOT superb ready to enjoy boating again at last Very Happy Very Happy

Oh and i made the Golf even though the weather was pretty bad till later on Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.campbellsairconditioning.co.uk
anjo

anjo

PostSubject: Re: Intermitant fault with Mag 350 MPI on maxum 2700SCR   Intermitant fault with Mag 350 MPI on maxum 2700SCR - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 7:41 am

Glad you got it sorted and now enjoy the rest of the season.
Back to top Go down
SKYEDEN

SKYEDEN

PostSubject: Re: Intermitant fault with Mag 350 MPI on maxum 2700SCR   Intermitant fault with Mag 350 MPI on maxum 2700SCR - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 3:39 pm

anjo wrote:
Glad you got it sorted and now enjoy the rest of the season.

Cheers John i intend to, just buzzing now hoping for some decent weather to take a few days of work and explore the loch Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.campbellsairconditioning.co.uk
BIG ZEBEDEE

BIG ZEBEDEE

PostSubject: Re: Intermitant fault with Mag 350 MPI on maxum 2700SCR   Intermitant fault with Mag 350 MPI on maxum 2700SCR - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 5:48 pm

SKYEDEN wrote:
Finally got this problem licked, cheers for all the inputs and suggestions they all helped and I am now an expert on the Merc 350 mag mpi lol

Traced the fault down to a wonky ignition coil plug, had wiggled the wiring in this area many times trying to replicate the problem before but strangely this time it worked and cut the engine off, half a dozen more times and eureka cut out every time but only if I bent the wires a certain direction and only the pink wire – (12v from power relay)

So with the plug being part of the loom and not sold separately I decided to solder 3 wires directly onto the terminals on the coil and then use connectors to the loom wires, all fired up, wiggled away no cut out, sea trials yesterday WOT superb ready to enjoy boating again at last Very Happy Very Happy

Oh and i made the Golf even though the weather was pretty bad till later on Very Happy

I'm chuffed for you mate Wink Wink Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.cerysmatthews.co.uk/
SP

SP

PostSubject: Re: Intermitant fault with Mag 350 MPI on maxum 2700SCR   Intermitant fault with Mag 350 MPI on maxum 2700SCR - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 2:03 am

Well done mate, Good to meet you & the family at the golf weekend & thanks again for the rope work Saturday night.

You know where we are if you want a beer & feel free to tie up alongside if you see us on the Loch.

Steve
Back to top Go down
LeeRain

PostSubject: Re: Intermitant fault with Mag 350 MPI on maxum 2700SCR   Intermitant fault with Mag 350 MPI on maxum 2700SCR - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 11:36 am

I have had to replace all the 7 drive belts on my 2 volvos KADS 32's as one snapped and history said they had been replaced a year before I purchased my Sealine, so I just replaced the lot and also serviced the engines as well and will have it lifted end of this season at Ardlui for drive legs service and hull dry out/ antifoul. Got Colin Camburn to do some of the work and he was quite reasonable.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Intermitant fault with Mag 350 MPI on maxum 2700SCR   Intermitant fault with Mag 350 MPI on maxum 2700SCR - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Intermitant fault with Mag 350 MPI on maxum 2700SCR
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3