Cameron House Marina Members' Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

hello from sunny loch lomond lol

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
jimmcgee5

hello from sunny loch lomond lol Empty
PostSubject: hello from sunny loch lomond lol   hello from sunny loch lomond lol Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 9:05 am

sitting in the sun with a lager
Number one son scrubing boat,
Thought i would try out my new phone lol
Back to top Go down
anjo

anjo

PostSubject: Re: hello from sunny loch lomond lol   hello from sunny loch lomond lol Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 10:26 am

Jim,

Your phone must have internet access then?

John
Back to top Go down
jimmcgee5

PostSubject: Re: hello from sunny loch lomond lol   hello from sunny loch lomond lol Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 11:15 am

Hi John
yup, found out i get 250meg for 50p a day Very Happy , got wifi on it too , but never found any hotspots
was on Inchmoan north beach when i posted that lol, then found out everyone was over at luss pier so headed over , was very busy saturday, ended up rafted up 4 deep , left there and chased the sun into the narrows and ended up at Inchconnachan set up camp and spent the night talking rubbish Laughing till 3 am lol left sunday about 2pm.

Good weekend apart from the 7am hangover pale
Back to top Go down
jimmcgee5

PostSubject: Re: hello from sunny loch lomond lol   hello from sunny loch lomond lol Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 11:21 am

just remembered something

who is it that keeps setting off fireworks at dark oclock on that island Shocked
nearly spilled my beer when that went off Mad
Back to top Go down
anjo

anjo

PostSubject: Re: hello from sunny loch lomond lol   hello from sunny loch lomond lol Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 12:01 pm

Jim,

When we woke up on Sturday morning at Rossdhu we saw a few trucks arriving with gear for a big wedding. More likely they were setting of fireworks that night if it was close to the islands.
Back to top Go down
jimmcgee5

PostSubject: Re: hello from sunny loch lomond lol   hello from sunny loch lomond lol Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 7:25 am

it was close, other side of the trees close Laughing , no these rockets were on the island we were on, and the last time we were up they set them off, must have a boat full off them Surprised
Back to top Go down
Jumpy07

Jumpy07

PostSubject: Re: hello from sunny loch lomond lol   hello from sunny loch lomond lol Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 7:54 am

Never left the marina.. spent most of the weekend fixing my bowthruster which had managed to go on fire.. long story..

But view from stern was nice.. :-).. note the O2 mast on the back right..

hello from sunny loch lomond lol View

CJ
Back to top Go down
http://www.boatlochlomond.com
anjo

anjo

PostSubject: Re: hello from sunny loch lomond lol   hello from sunny loch lomond lol Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 12:29 pm

Craig,

Do you find the fuel dock at Ardlui a bit tight for access and depending on wind direction can be awkward to depart from.

John
Back to top Go down
Jumpy07

Jumpy07

PostSubject: Re: hello from sunny loch lomond lol   hello from sunny loch lomond lol Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 12:51 pm

Yeah its a bit tight.. but had my old flybridge 38 footer in there before...

Trick is to pull the stern back around the jetty before you pull off.. the ends are angled... however if its windy you can still have bother...

Think my latest boat would be easier with the bow thruster... but havent tried it yet as the boat came with full tanks :-)

Best Regards

Craig
Back to top Go down
http://www.boatlochlomond.com
anjo

anjo

PostSubject: Re: hello from sunny loch lomond lol   hello from sunny loch lomond lol Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 12:37 am

I had to fill up last year when I had my Bayliner 285 returned to the water. It was my first time fuelling at Ardlui, but it was tight getting in and as you mentioned I had to swing the stern around to get out.

In regards to Jim,s issue with fireworks it is that time of year as the 5th November is near approaching. Irresponsible campers will be thinking its a good laugh to let of fireworks on the islands and not thinking about the wild life and other people who camp or anchor amongst the islanads.

John
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: hello from sunny loch lomond lol   hello from sunny loch lomond lol Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

hello from sunny loch lomond lol
Page 1 of 1