Cameron House Marina Members' Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Getting together

Go down 
+2
mollyii
rkg@g2property.com
6 posters
AuthorMessage
rkg@g2property.com

rkg@g2property.com

Getting together Empty
PostSubject: Getting together   Getting together Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 12:57 am

As a Marina member for some 10 years, I feel that the time is right for all interested parties to get together and to air/raise their concerns about anything that is bothering them about the marina/hotel etc. Furthermore we could use this opportunity to make suggestions as to how to improve the marina services. I would be interested in hearing from other members who might be interested in attending a meeting. Ritchie Gilchrist Berth 74 (07887 660166)
Back to top Go down
http://www.g2property.com
mollyii

mollyii

Getting together Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting together   Getting together Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 1:09 am

hi ritchie

Good to see you on board mate

Probably the only time that a mass collection of members may get together would be over a weekend.......possibly difficult to collate.

However it would be great to get a discount card for the boathouse with a decent deduction of 25% for both food and drink...i strongly believe that the boathouse would have a far better cash turnover from the marina members if this were so......you just have to look at the place over the winter months "its almost a ghost town" with staff members just walking around with the pretence of being busy.....i can only imagine thier overhead costs per day with hardly any turnover coming in.

Did you know that the food bill/costs have a standard 10% gratuity applied to them even without the customers acceptance !!!!!!!!!!!!!

The biggest GRIPE i know of with members is the atrocious costs for food and drink.

Peter (PTM)
Back to top Go down
http://www.ptmservices.co.uk
rkg@g2property.com

rkg@g2property.com

Getting together Empty
PostSubject: Getting together   Getting together Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 2:36 am

Peter,
Thanks for your reply. I am happy to give it a go to get people together at a weekend-possibly a Sunday at 5.00pm.

If better discounts would encourage members to use the Boathouse then I feel certain that this could be negotiated with the Hotel.

I have not heard from anyone else regarding a get together-I feel there may be a degree of apathy.

R
Back to top Go down
http://www.g2property.com
Contento

Contento

Getting together Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting together   Getting together Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 5:25 am

Hi Ritchie
I totally agree with the comments made about the costs at the marina .I think it is a sign of the times the members have 2 no choices we can take or leave it you can have a nice meal in
balloch and it will cost you less than a pizza at cam house may,be its time all the members
get together and ask for a bigger discount if you don,t ask you will never know???????.
I cant see all the members at the one meeting may,be start a petition ?. All you hear around the
Marina are complaints about the toilets,food costs, bar costs, and the lack of facilities at a 5 star
establishment at the end of the day one voice is not enough to change things . If the marina did
offer a bigger discount i for one would use the bar more often .
Back to top Go down
SKYEDEN

SKYEDEN

Getting together Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting together   Getting together Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 7:55 am

If their is an organised get together or meeting stick my name down, not convinced you can do much to shift the mighty de-vere, as i mentioned before elshwere in the forum untill their is competition i.e. another 1 or 2 marina's on the loch at the South end they have the manopoly i'm afraid but as said you don't ask you don't get Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.campbellsairconditioning.co.uk
anjo

anjo

Getting together Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting together   Getting together Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 12:35 pm

mollyii wrote:
hi ritchie

Good to see you on board mate

Probably the only time that a mass collection of members may get together would be over a weekend.......possibly difficult to collate.

However it would be great to get a discount card for the boathouse with a decent deduction of 25% for both food and drink...i strongly believe that the boathouse would have a far better cash turnover from the marina members if this were so......you just have to look at the place over the winter months "its almost a ghost town" with staff members just walking around with the pretence of being busy.....i can only imagine thier overhead costs per day with hardly any turnover coming in.

Did you know that the food bill/costs have a standard 10% gratuity applied to them even without the customers acceptance !!!!!!!!!!!!!

The biggest GRIPE i know of with members is the atrocious costs for food and drink.

Peter (PTM)

Hi Peter,

The gratuity payment of 10% can be removed from the bill. I have been charged this for breakfast and evening meals. I ask them to politely to remove it as it is up to the customer to decide if the service is worth a tip. Depending who is on the till as certain staff will charge the gratuity payment and some do not. I always use the marina discount card at the Boathouse and at the hotel.

John
Back to top Go down
anjo

anjo

Getting together Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting together   Getting together Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 1:13 pm

Hi Ritchie

As the boating season is coming to a close it would be very difficult to get all berth members together. But the forum alone only has a small number of marina members out of a possible 200 berth holders at the moment and I know the majority of berth holders know about the forum site and have viewed it as a guest, but have not registered.

The MMA have achieved alot of improvements in the past including improving the discount available to members. Have a chat with the MMA secretery I will PM who to contact.

John
Back to top Go down
Mickross2000

Mickross2000

Getting together Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting together   Getting together Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 11:02 pm

I would certainly be up for a meeting. Something I would have thought Devere would arrange annually anyway. However with all that has gone on this past year, i am not surprised they have not.

Let me know when and where. We will be there.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
mollyii

mollyii

Getting together Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting together   Getting together Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 5:02 am

John

Thanks for that little bit of info ref the 10% gratuity/tip...........i will bear this in mind if i EVER use the restaurant again.

Mind you, i would use it if we were provided with a decent discount...until then.......no thanks.

Ritchie

If you somehow manage to pull together all members....count me in, maybe an END-OF SEASON PARTY BASH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

admin.......could assist you with this to contact all members at the same time with a proposed date, we could also ask marina to put up a provided members notice of said proposed event on the notice board as not all marina members are on this forum and would be aware of it !!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Getting together Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting together   Getting together Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Getting together
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cameron House Marina Members' Forum :: General Marina Chat-
Jump to: