Cameron House Marina Members' Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

How do you..................

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
honeybee

How do you.................. Empty
PostSubject: How do you..................   How do you.................. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 12:51 pm

Fill the water tank on a bayliner 285 when the inlet is on the opposite side (Starboard)from the finger without going to the fuel pump area ?
Back to top Go down
SKYEDEN

SKYEDEN

PostSubject: Re: How do you..................   How do you.................. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 1:40 pm

Was going to suggest a longer hose but that seems too simple an answer

Looking at your photo's i'm guessing thats the inlet i see at the port stern, looks like you could lean over and just stick the hose in then fill away, the overflow will soon let you know she is full, thats certainley how i fill mine, thankfully my inlet is on the stern

Other than that back her out and bring her bow in so your outelt is on the finger side, i'm sure their is a logic answer out there, best of luck
Back to top Go down
http://www.campbellsairconditioning.co.uk
honeybee

PostSubject: Re: How do you..................   How do you.................. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 1:43 pm

Hi skyden,

Tried that last week lol - looks like will have to take her out to fill her up.

inlet is on starboard side and can't reach it from the side.

Chris
Back to top Go down
SP

SP

PostSubject: Re: How do you..................   How do you.................. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 5:21 am

If your going to fill up at the fuel jetty remember the water hose is also for flushing out the black waste tank after pumpout, I dont stand & hold it over the hole I stick it in the pipe.

Sorry to bring it down but you should be aware of what you might drink Boiled or not. YUK
Back to top Go down
honeybee

PostSubject: Re: How do you..................   How do you.................. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 7:43 am

Thanks steve, I never knew that. I will work out how to do it when I get up tonight.

Chris
Back to top Go down
anjo

anjo

PostSubject: Re: How do you..................   How do you.................. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 12:45 pm

Chris,

This must be a trick question hmmmm?

Have you tried turning your boat so your starboard will be next to you finger. Only takes a couple of minutes to turn a boat. Or try the balancing act, but remember to wear a life jacket just in case you go splash.

Or you could add another filler nearer to the stern so you can fill up. I have a spare deck filler as that what I was going to do on my 285.

Or just ask Colin to give you berth so the finger will be on the starboard side.
Back to top Go down
honeybee

PostSubject: Re: How do you..................   How do you.................. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 12:49 pm

The answer is to either get moved berth, turn the boat roundor buy a tender to get to it. I tried the balancing act but impossible to reach it.

I am going to buy a tender and that will save any other issues.

Chris
Back to top Go down
anjo

anjo

PostSubject: Re: How do you..................   How do you.................. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 2:13 pm

Chris,

I mainly just used a tender as I had enough room between the bayliner and the boat next to me. I would just turn the boat in gthe mean time until you get a tender.

What happen to you at the weekend. Seen you on Friday and you were gone on Saturday. Weather was pretty bad on Saturday night at the marina with a fair bit of high winds and rocking and rolling onboard.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How do you..................   How do you.................. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How do you..................
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cameron House Marina Members' Forum :: General Marina Chat-
Jump to: