Cameron House Marina Members' Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Just Back From Hols

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
BIG ZEBEDEE

BIG ZEBEDEE

Just Back From Hols Empty
PostSubject: Just Back From Hols   Just Back From Hols Icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 7:04 am

Hi Guys, Just back from the Dominican Republic. Passed my Open Water Diver certification. Just wondering if anyone else on this forum are into SCUBA diving?
Back to top Go down
http://www.cerysmatthews.co.uk/
Jellybean

Jellybean

PostSubject: Re: Just Back From Hols   Just Back From Hols Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 12:41 am

Well done you!! This was something i was looking at doing last time I was thereb but unfortunaltely I had to cut my holiday short before I could get my toes wet....

I'm going back to the Puerta Plata area in May and was seriously thinking about it. Who did you do your course with and would you recommend them?

My mate at work who's a diver reckons the best place to learn is the Red Sea at one of the many Sharm dive schools and says I should try there for my certs.

Anyway good to have you back safe and well from the savage grips of those banana eating clown fish cheers

Clyde
Back to top Go down
BIG ZEBEDEE

BIG ZEBEDEE

PostSubject: Re: Just Back From Hols   Just Back From Hols Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 6:22 am

Hiya Clyde, Long time noe see or hear. I did the course with Scuba Caribe at the Riu hotels Puerto Plata. Good Course mate but in future I'll be doing the theory over here with plenty time to read the books & keeping the open water side to the warmer waters. I was a bit late in the fortnight to take on the course but me & wee Mac soldiered through as we do. Studying in 35'C heat is no fun China.
Sharem is awsome diving #2 in the world I believe. Never actually used SCUBA when I was over in March but the reefs just with a mask n snorkel is amazing.
If your gonna do your open water cert, start the course over here clyde then just do the dives on holiday. I had to cram the whole course into 3 days, 3 days seems a long time but once you get the books you'll see what I mean. I realied pretty heavily on my photographic memory getting me n Mac through the course. cyclops cyclops

Oh I'm goin out in the boat tommorrow if your comin out tae play Cool
Forecast looks good
Back to top Go down
Jellybean

Jellybean

PostSubject: Re: Just Back From Hols   Just Back From Hols Icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 8:49 am

Sounds like you had a good time out there. Think I'll stick to the snorkeling millarkey.... and spend quality time getting innebriated in the shade Cool
Back to top Go down
Davie m

Davie m

PostSubject: Re: Just Back From Hols   Just Back From Hols Icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 12:08 pm

Hi Zeb,
What did you think of sharm when you were there?
Just booked up for a week in Feb Very Happy.
Well done to you and wee Mac on passing the course.
Ps have a nice Birthday Wink
Cheers
Davie
Back to top Go down
BIG ZEBEDEE

BIG ZEBEDEE

PostSubject: Re: Just Back From Hols   Just Back From Hols Icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 12:26 pm

Sharm is awsome Davie. We stayed in the Concorde hotel complex. Entertainment was a bit shite, It was just me & Ann-marie there anyway so we didnae need entertained Razz
Take a Mask & snorkel with you the reefs at the hotel are stunning.
Oh! cheers for the birthday wish, getting steamin tomorrow bom bom
Back to top Go down
Davie m

Davie m

PostSubject: Re: Just Back From Hols   Just Back From Hols Icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 12:38 pm

Just bought some new gear last week, then found my old gear in the attic!!!
Mad
I'll be up the middle of november, you working or do you think you will be up?(thurs-sun)
Davie
Back to top Go down
BIG ZEBEDEE

BIG ZEBEDEE

PostSubject: Re: Just Back From Hols   Just Back From Hols Icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 2:22 pm

I'm working this weekend then off the next 3 weekends, so should manage a couple of hours out Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just Back From Hols   Just Back From Hols Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just Back From Hols
Page 1 of 1