Cameron House Marina Members' Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

SNOW

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
anjo

anjo

SNOW Empty
PostSubject: SNOW   SNOW Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 10:51 am

Hi Guys

I was at the marina this morning and just a word of caution that the pontoons at the marina are covered in snow with ice below the white stuff. This makes it difficult when boarding your boat, so be very carefull as it is very slippery not only on the pontoons, but on the swim platforms of boats as well.

No doubt the marina staff are doing their best to clear it.
Back to top Go down
SP

SP

SNOW Empty
PostSubject: Re: SNOW   SNOW Icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 8:14 am

Hi Guys,

Down today & the marina should be treat with caution, The staff are doing all they can but it was -7 while I was down.

Managed to remove snow & ice from canopy to reduce the weight.

Problem is the ice underneath the snow can cause your cover to rip if you just hit it with a brush.

Heating now just a phone call away on the boat thanks to a clever piece of kit installed by a marina member with loads of electrical knowledge. ( Name witheld unless he wants to go public )

Phone the boat & the heating turns on for an hour at a time, Great for warming the boat up before you arrive & if you dont have a timer fitted.

Have a good one

Steve santa
Back to top Go down
SKYEDEN

SKYEDEN

SNOW Empty
PostSubject: Re: SNOW   SNOW Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 1:38 am

anjo wrote:
Hi Guys

I was at the marina this morning and just a word of caution that the pontoons at the marina are covered in snow with ice below the white stuff. This makes it difficult when boarding your boat, so be very carefull as it is very slippery not only on the pontoons, but on the swim platforms of boats as well.

No doubt the marina staff are doing their best to clear it.

John

Just a thanks to you for this post, i was down at the marina on Sunday and while impressed with the clear pontoons from the staff i was just about to board the boat when i remembered reading this post so cautiously put a foot onto the swim platform to find a miniture skating rink, a close one as i was just about to jump aboard as usual which would have resulted in a very cold new years dip in the loch, so thanks again as a new boater i wouldn't have checked this

Cheers

Campbell santa
Back to top Go down
http://www.campbellsairconditioning.co.uk
anjo

anjo

SNOW Empty
PostSubject: Re: SNOW   SNOW Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 3:22 am

Campbell,

I think we have all been through the experience of boarding the boat when the footing gets very slippery due to ice. Take extra care when disembarking as the pontoon can be like an ice rink. Nearly lost it when at the boat a few days back when stepping from the swim platform to the pontoon and then suddenly my foot on the pontoon just slipped away my heart just about nearly stopped with the scare I got.

Wearing a good treaded boot helps as it gives a fair bit of grip.
Back to top Go down
SP

SP

SNOW Empty
PostSubject: Ice in August   SNOW Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 6:44 am

Same thing happened to me early one August morning on the way back from a beach party on one of the islands, Got out the dinghy onto the swimdeck & slipped back in the Loch, Damm that Bud Ice. drunken
Back to top Go down
Jumpy07

Jumpy07

SNOW Empty
PostSubject: Re: SNOW   SNOW Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 7:32 am

Def dont fall in... u might end up looking like this :-)

SNOW 4253242901_8bc99a439a_m

CJ
Back to top Go down
http://www.boatlochlomond.com
Sponsored content

SNOW Empty
PostSubject: Re: SNOW   SNOW Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SNOW
Page 1 of 1