Cameron House Marina Members' Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Farewell

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
anjo

anjo

Farewell Empty
PostSubject: Farewell   Farewell Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 3:25 pm

Hi all,

I have now departed the marina and the Loch for good to explore the big blue sea. Yip I am now on the Clyde along with another fellow boater as well. All went well with the moving of the boats and Neil and Colin Camburn did a great job on assisting with the move. John Shepherds haulage did not charge an arm and a leg for the transport to Kip marina. So all went well on Monday and Tuesday Wild Llife was then lifted from the trailer and lowered in to Kip and today we went for a blast over to Rothesay as it was flat calm seas and very hot. The trip did not take long and was fun.

So for all at the marina who I am friends with or know me I say a sad goodbye.

Last edited by anjo on Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:21 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : .)
Back to top Go down
honeybee

Farewell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Farewell   Farewell Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 12:46 pm

All the best john.
Back to top Go down
anjo

anjo

Farewell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Farewell   Farewell Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 3:27 pm

Chris I shoud have done this years ago. We are having a wee celebration along with Ian who owns Day Break at Kip tonight. Ian also moved his boat to Kip and loves it after I took him out for a cruise over to Rothesay bay. Weather was a wee bit choppy, but he still manage to eat his Fish and Chips. Ian also moved his boat to Kip marina on Wednesday and is enjoying the new marina.

Last edited by anjo on Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:19 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : .)
Back to top Go down
honeybee

Farewell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Farewell   Farewell Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 3:34 pm

Good stuff, wish I had the balls
Back to top Go down
SKYEDEN

SKYEDEN

Farewell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Farewell   Farewell Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 5:37 am

John all the best, i sailed Largs to Rothsay, then up through the kyles of bute and all the way back down a few weeks back with a mate and thought this is where to be in a few years

I'll serve my time on Loch Lomond first i think for a few seasons then maybe take the plunge

Really fancy being able to nip over to Larne for a few pints of the black stuff, lol

Good luck
Back to top Go down
http://www.campbellsairconditioning.co.uk
anjo

anjo

Farewell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Farewell   Farewell Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 6:16 am

Just take the plunge and go for it. I was finding the Loch a bit small as I had been on the Loch since 1998. But moving to Kip marina is just that bit better with good facilities and 10% off all marina service including the Chartroom and chandlery. The staff at Kip have been great even when the boat arrived on Monday evening they had the boat in the water on Tuesday morning at 8 am ready for me me to take the boat to its berth. The marina master came with us and took me on a tour of the marina with the boat

Navigating the Clyde takes a bit more planning due to tide, wind and weather as it can be flat calm at Kip marina to Dunoon, but can get rough at Rothesay bay. So far we have been to Rothesay 3 times which is only 5.5 nautical miles the harbour entrance is now controlled by a traffic light system and also over been to Sandbank marina at the Holy Loch.

The marina is different as most yachts travel at a fair speed as do a number of powered craft within the marina. We have been put on a 25 meter finger so have plenty of room to berth and also near the marina entrance to the Clyde. I am surprised at the number of single engined powered craft that cruise out of the marina and into the Clyde. Some even go as far as Arran and also over to Ireland.

We have spoken to some boat owners so far and they do organise a sail in company over to Ireland for a weekend. Next time home we plan to do Rothesay and then Prtavadie at Loch Fyne for a week.

Next year we plan to move the boat to Largs marina for the season and then maybe another marina the year after. As a number of boat owners only do short term berthing as they move about the Clyde coast during the season.
Back to top Go down
Jumpy07

Jumpy07

Farewell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Farewell   Farewell Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 7:00 am

Enjoy, we had two seasons on the Clyde... I loved it.. mrs didnt..

You have to try Portavadie Marina.. best facilaties on the Clyde..

We also did the run to Ireland.. Ballycastle is very picturesque.. and the marina is run by the local authority... just watch out for the tides..

You also need to plan a trip through the Crinan when you have time and visit Jura and Tayvallich... both excellent..

Would recommend joining Clyde Sea Recovery for peace of mind http://www.clydesearecovery.com/

PS At that time we had a 25ft single engined Albin... so proof that you dont need something too big.. just common sense and good planning..

Best Regards

Craig
Back to top Go down
http://www.boatlochlomond.com
anjo

anjo

Farewell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Farewell   Farewell Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 3:08 am

Craig,

I have already thought about joinig Clyde Sea recovery just for peice of mind.

I have a fair bit of knowledge of the Clyde as I used to spend my young days at Rothesay as my grand parents lived on the island and I used to sail in Rothesay bay and sometimes venturing further afield.

I plan to do the Crinan canal hopefully in July.

The boat I have is fully kitted out with Raymarine equipment and AIS transponder as the previous owner did regular trip across the English channel, so I now get the chance to play with the toys properly.

Last edited by anjo on Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:35 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : .)
Back to top Go down
Jumpy07

Jumpy07

Farewell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Farewell   Farewell Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 3:17 am

Excellent.. we also have AIS but wasted on the Loch now...

Incidently you can use on of my other websites for your friends to track you and see where you are.. www.aisclyde.com

Best Regards

Craig
Back to top Go down
http://www.boatlochlomond.com
anjo

anjo

Farewell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Farewell   Farewell Icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 12:59 pm

CH have now refunded the berthing fees in record time and Ian who owns Day Break was chuffed to pieces as well when he also got a cheque.

Anyway we are having great fun at Kip Marina and we get 10% to 20% off all services at Kip marina including the chandlery shop, Chartroom for drinks and meals, Electronics, Yard services including lifting, fuel etc.

Myself and Ian are planning a cruise around various areas of the Clyde so it will be Rothesay for 1 night and then onto Tarbert on Loch Fyne ( 2nights) via the Kyles of Bute. May drop into Portavadie (1 night) and then onto Arran for a night. Then head over to Largs for one night then return to Kip marina. Should be fun.

Should be on the Loch for the Golf as I still have the Jetski.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Farewell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Farewell   Farewell Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Farewell
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cameron House Marina Members' Forum :: General Marina Chat-
Jump to: