Cameron House Marina Members' Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Year Round use?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
kennyh

kennyh

Year Round use? Empty
PostSubject: Year Round use?   Year Round use? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 1:20 am

Hi Guys

A couple of questions here. I'm getting a new boat soon and I'm considering whether I should get the hull barrier epoxied prior to getting it anti-fouled. So:

Q1. Do you keep your boat in the water all year round, or do you have it hauled out and stored during the worst of the winter months?

Q2. If in the water all year, did you have the hull epoxy coated to help prevent future osmosis?

Q3. Would you recommend I get my new hull epoxied now?

Cheers
Kenny
Back to top Go down
anjo

anjo

Year Round use? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Year Round use?   Year Round use? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 9:25 am

Kenny,

I keep my boat in the water all year round and haul her out every 3 years to dry the hull out and anti foul. It is down to the individual, but if I was buying a new boat I would have the hull epoxied and then anti-fouled. I have a Sealine S34 and before that a Bayliner 285 which I had hauled out last year. She had been in the water for over 3 years with sign of osmosis. Some boats at the marina I think have never been out of the water and probably approaching osmosis staring on the hull.

What type of drive will your new boat have Volvopenta or Mercruiser.

If you are concerned about osmosis and intend to keep the boat in the water all year round I would go for epoxy hul for piece of mind.

John
Back to top Go down
kennyh

kennyh

Year Round use? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Year Round use?   Year Round use? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 2:06 pm

Hi Anjo

I've got a Mercruiser.

I think wont have time to get it barrier protected before launch. So I may get it epoxied when it's net due for an anti-foul. I don't fancy having to deal with osmosis later. I've already had to deal with that on my first ever boat; don't want to go there again Crying or Very sad

Cheers
Kenny
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Year Round use? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Year Round use?   Year Round use? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Year Round use?
Page 1 of 1