Cameron House Marina Members' Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

300-berth Marina Plan for Glasgow

Go down 
+2
BIG ZEBEDEE
Admin
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

300-berth Marina Plan for Glasgow Empty
PostSubject: 300-berth Marina Plan for Glasgow   300-berth Marina Plan for Glasgow Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 9:12 am

Plans have been unveiled to build a new 300-berth marina in the Prince's Dock next to the science centre. - Link

What are peoples thoughts on this?

Smile

Last edited by Admin on Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:06 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.cameronmarina.co.uk
BIG ZEBEDEE

BIG ZEBEDEE

PostSubject: Re: 300-berth Marina Plan for Glasgow   300-berth Marina Plan for Glasgow Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 9:47 am

Buy shares in an anti-foul company, That water is well manky tongue
Back to top Go down
http://www.cerysmatthews.co.uk/
anjo

anjo

PostSubject: Re: 300-berth Marina Plan for Glasgow   300-berth Marina Plan for Glasgow Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 10:19 am

Will be expensive as it is in the city.
Back to top Go down
jimmcgee5

PostSubject: Re: 300-berth Marina Plan for Glasgow   300-berth Marina Plan for Glasgow Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 12:34 pm

its about time they done something with that big burn Laughing
been living and working next to it for the last 15 years , wonder what Lomondgate is all about Question
Back to top Go down
jimmcgee5

PostSubject: Re: 300-berth Marina Plan for Glasgow   300-berth Marina Plan for Glasgow Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 12:40 pm

its ok , found it , nothing to do with water or boats http://www.lomondgate.com/
Back to top Go down
anjo

anjo

PostSubject: Re: 300-berth Marina Plan for Glasgow   300-berth Marina Plan for Glasgow Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 2:29 pm

Glasgow new marina if run by the council they may have cheap berthing and if run by some High class corporate company could end up mega bucks.
I think if I was going to move onto the clyde I would go for Kip Marina or something alike. I believe they are doing something with the Bowling basin at the Forth & Clyde canal for berthing according to a rumour.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 300-berth Marina Plan for Glasgow   300-berth Marina Plan for Glasgow Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 2:38 pm

And just think of all the beautiful exciting places you could visit within 5 miles such as...umm...govan and umm...braehead... Neutral
Back to top Go down
http://www.cameronmarina.co.uk
SP

SP

PostSubject: Re: 300-berth Marina Plan for Glasgow   300-berth Marina Plan for Glasgow Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 12:15 am

It would take a half tank just to get to the sea, I could be at Duck Bay, Inchmurrin, Luss or Tarbet ( Each jetty has a bar next to it ) by then.

sp drunken
Back to top Go down
Jellybean

Jellybean

PostSubject: Re: 300-berth Marina Plan for Glasgow   300-berth Marina Plan for Glasgow Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 2:58 am

SP wrote:
It would take a half tank just to get to the sea, I could be at Duck Bay, Inchmurrin, Luss or Tarbet ( Each jetty has a bar next to it ) by then.

sp drunken

All very good points. Boating in the sea adds £££££'s to your costs. Servicing/maintenance, antifoul, fuel etc all run away with cash that you could spend in other areas. Then there's all the extra safety kit affraid Passage planning, and that's all presuming HMS Whatever lets you up Loch Long / Gare Loch / Loch Goil (they are VERY protective of their "tin cigars" Rolling Eyes )

Nah, having been there, done that.....I much prefer to be back on the Loch. I do miss my fish suppers from the chippy at the end of Millport Pier though Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 300-berth Marina Plan for Glasgow   300-berth Marina Plan for Glasgow Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

300-berth Marina Plan for Glasgow
Page 1 of 1