Cameron House Marina Members' Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Boat Security Safety

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Jumpy07

Jumpy07

Boat Security Safety Empty
PostSubject: Boat Security Safety   Boat Security Safety Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 3:28 am

I have had a GSM device hooked up to my Bilgewatch system when my boat was on the Clyde.. it was a bit of a bodge but worked well.

There is a new device coming onto the market that does a better job at a very competitive price. £299

Click below for more info..
Sentinel

Some of the features..
Anchor Alarm
Shore Power Loss
Boat Status Reports
Low Battery
High/low Temp
GPS movement alarm
Low Power Alarm
Tracking
Bilge Alarm
Entry Alarm

Welcome to Yacht Sentinel
Yacht Sentinel is the ultimate answer to keeping a constant look-out for your craft. It is always on watch and allows you to make essential checks from wherever you are in the world all you need is a mobile signal!
This intelligent system alerts you to possible problems and monitors the state of your craft at all times and sends constant updates to your mobile.
Yacht Sentinel is less that the size of a A5 paperback and is powered via 230vAC shore power or 12vDC/24vDC through the boat battery or from it’s own internal battery.
Installation is simple and straightforward, just connect the power and it’s done!
It draws very little power so can be used equally on boats in a marina or on swing moorings where Yacht Sentinel can operate for months on a typical boat battery.
Yacht Sentinel monitors a range of parameters and if any are exceeded it will send an MS alarm to up to three user defined mobiles.
All communications are made secure through specific mobile numbers backed by a pin code to ensure that only those authorised can obtain data from Yacht Sentinel.
Unlike other systems, there is no contract to get tied into, just a one-time buy and a simple pay-as-you-go SIM card.
Priced at £299 this product outperforms any other for price and features in the market and is designed specificaly with the yacht or motor boat owner in mind.

I am waiting on a copy of the manual which I am told should be available shortly..

PS. I have nothing to do with this company.. just thought it was a great device at a great price.

CJ
Back to top Go down
http://www.boatlochlomond.com
anjo

anjo

PostSubject: Re: Boat Security Safety   Boat Security Safety Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 7:21 pm

Got similar system fitted to the boat after the break-in. Security only and will contact 6 phone numbers in sequence followed by text COST £129 plus you can arm and disarm system by phone and listen in. The supplier from where it was purchased did another system that would contact the owner if boat was sinking and also capable of turning on heating, bulge etc as well for £189 on Ebay.

John
Back to top Go down
Jumpy07

Jumpy07

PostSubject: Re: Boat Security Safety   Boat Security Safety Icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 1:15 am

anjo wrote:
Got similar system fitted to the boat after the break-in. Security only and will contact 6 phone numbers in sequence followed by text COST £129 plus you can arm and disarm system by phone and listen in. The supplier from where it was purchased did another system that would contact the owner if boat was sinking and also capable of turning on heating, bulge etc as well for £189 on Ebay.

John

John,

Sounds similar to the one I have at the moment, the only difference is I have it hooked up to a Bilgewatch monitor http://www.celectron.co.uk/ you should add one of these to your existing system for piece of mind.

The Sentinel does look good value considering the features, as it includes a built in GPS, not to mention shore power monitor .. waiting on a copy of the manual before I buy one

Best Regards

Craig
Back to top Go down
http://www.boatlochlomond.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Boat Security Safety   Boat Security Safety Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Boat Security Safety
Page 1 of 1