Cameron House Marina Members' Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

TV reception at the marina

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
kennyh

kennyh

TV reception at the marina Empty
PostSubject: TV reception at the marina   TV reception at the marina Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 2:10 pm

Hi Guys and Gals

Q. What's the TV reception at CHM like?

I've setting up my next boat for the season/marina and I'd like to know if a decent TV reception can be achieved at the marina.

Have you had to fit a huge aerial, or can you not get a signal/picture at all?

Cheers
Kenny
Back to top Go down
thecarboss

thecarboss

PostSubject: Re: TV reception at the marina   TV reception at the marina Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 12:10 am

Good question Kenny.
I have struggled with this the past few years since changing for a new lcd tv.

You wont get a digital picture until 2010 when the local transmitter is changed. As for council TV, I found it hit and miss and ended up with a range of caravan type aerials that are now in the bin.

I even bought one of those portable satelite units but thats pants as well.

I have passed plenty of boats with good TV pictures but I have gave up for the time being. I am going to try a domestic aerial soon with the new TV and will let you know how I get on.

Hopefully someone here has cracked it and I would be delighted to find out what they done.
scratch
Back to top Go down
http://www.elitemotorcompany.com
mollyii

mollyii

PostSubject: Re: TV reception at the marina   TV reception at the marina Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 12:21 am

Hi Guys

Watched a set last week in a boat with a caravan antenna with built in amplifier in it..pic quality was very watchable, dont buy from a chandler as you will pay a premium for it, go to maplin electronics in gt western road glasgow.
Also seen council channels on various boats using a normal house antenna but point this towards balloch.
There is now camping satelite kits available priced around £65-£70 but your boat must be tied very tightly to pontoon as if the boat keeps moving around you will lose the sat tracking..trust me if the boat is tied tight you will get excellent quality.

pete
Back to top Go down
http://www.ptmservices.co.uk
anjo

anjo

PostSubject: Re: TV reception at the marina   TV reception at the marina Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 4:30 am

I have experimented in the marina and out on the loch for freeview digital channels. Whilst in the marina I managed to pick up 6 digital channels , but I was using a 29dB antenna ( Set on Vertical plane) multi element a bit further out beyond the break water 30 channels and over towards Balloch castle 60 plus digital channels using the current antenna on the boat. If you are at Inchcailloch you can pick up all digital channels from the Darwin transmitter (Horizontal plane in Ayreshire. Luss you can pick up most digital channels from the Blackhill transmitter (Horizontal plane) and the same when in the narrows at anchor with two anchors to hold the position. My current setup on the boat is using a Status antenna through 2 amplifier and I get a reasonable picture.

John
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TV reception at the marina   TV reception at the marina Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TV reception at the marina
Page 1 of 1