Cameron House Marina Members' Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Any helpfull skippers about this week - standby boat required

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
SKYEDEN

SKYEDEN

Any helpfull skippers about this week - standby boat required Empty
PostSubject: Any helpfull skippers about this week - standby boat required   Any helpfull skippers about this week - standby boat required Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 4:32 pm

I'm looking for a standby boat this week if anyone could be so kind, new to this nonsense, 1st boat and having problems, been towed in twice by park rangers really don’t want to ask a 3rd time, CH always seem busy with CW. I have had Neil look at her, can't find any problems, Eddie Crossan did a diagnostics and no faults to be found, she seems to be purring away at present in the marina and I’d like to take her out very very close to the marina to see if the mysterious fault has cleared, Eddie has said he can do nothing and I need to take her out to see if I can force the problem

Happy to pay for some fuel or with alcohol your choice, lol or can anyone tell me if this is something the marina would do or provide, I can make day or evening this week or at weekend if required, just need a friendly face to tow me back in if the problem re-occurs, thanks
Back to top Go down
http://www.campbellsairconditioning.co.uk
mollyii

mollyii

PostSubject: Re: Any helpfull skippers about this week - standby boat required   Any helpfull skippers about this week - standby boat required Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 12:45 am

Hi Bud

I will be at marina this friday at around 4.30pm and staying overnight as usual.....so if your around at this time dont hesitate to come see me..........more than willing to assist.

ps..im in middle of b-leg
Back to top Go down
http://www.ptmservices.co.uk
thecarboss

thecarboss

PostSubject: Re: Any helpfull skippers about this week - standby boat required   Any helpfull skippers about this week - standby boat required Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 1:33 am

SKYEDEN wrote:
I'm looking for a standby boat this week if anyone could be so kind, new to this nonsense, 1st boat and having problems, been towed in twice by park rangers really don’t want to ask a 3rd time, CH always seem busy with CW. I have had Neil look at her, can't find any problems, Eddie Crossan did a diagnostics and no faults to be found, she seems to be purring away at present in the marina and I’d like to take her out very very close to the marina to see if the mysterious fault has cleared, Eddie has said he can do nothing and I need to take her out to see if I can force the problem

Happy to pay for some fuel or with alcohol your choice, lol or can anyone tell me if this is something the marina would do or provide, I can make day or evening this week or at weekend if required, just need a friendly face to tow me back in if the problem re-occurs, thanks

Hi Skyeden

What is the fault you are having ? There are not many faults that between us we have not had in the past.

You might find that one of us has had the exact same fault or know someone who has so post away with the symptoms in the technical thread.

The more faults and remidies we have there the better and should start to create a datebase for repairs.

Paul
Back to top Go down
http://www.elitemotorcompany.com
SKYEDEN

SKYEDEN

PostSubject: Thanks   Any helpfull skippers about this week - standby boat required Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 2:33 am

mollyii wrote:
Hi Bud

I will be at marina this friday at around 4.30pm and staying overnight as usual.....so if your around at this time dont hesitate to come see me..........more than willing to assist.

ps..im in middle of b-leg

Hi and thanks for the offer, sods law Friday night is about the only time not good for me, a boozy night in the West end planned, mate from Aberdeen coming down.

I pass your boat as i'm at the end of b-leg, infact if memory serves i think Molly 2 was for sale back in April when i bought mine as she was next on my list if my sale fell through

I'm going to the marina for lunch on Saturday, if your still about i'll say hi

Campbell
Back to top Go down
SKYEDEN

SKYEDEN

PostSubject: Posting faults to technical thread   Any helpfull skippers about this week - standby boat required Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 2:39 am

Hi Paul

I'll post info in technical thread, have posted in about 5 forums so far lol! , was going to post but noted technical forum was for things technical with the site rather than technical with your boat, maybe needs re-worded

Campbell
Back to top Go down
thecarboss

thecarboss

PostSubject: Re: Any helpfull skippers about this week - standby boat required   Any helpfull skippers about this week - standby boat required Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 2:59 am

SKYEDEN wrote:
Hi Paul

I'll post info in technical thread, have posted in about 5 forums so far lol! , was going to post but noted technical forum was for things technical with the site rather than technical with your boat, maybe needs re-worded

Campbell

Technical just means things you want to know how to fix be it boat or computer stuff or even how to open a bottle of wine using only a car aerial ( Don't ask).
Even a repair you have just done that maybe of interest to others.

Anyway post here or there but do post anyway. I am a mechanic to trade and boats are not that complicated compared to some stuff we work on. No guarantees but nothing ventured and all that.

Paul
Back to top Go down
BIG ZEBEDEE

BIG ZEBEDEE

PostSubject: Re: Any helpfull skippers about this week - standby boat required   Any helpfull skippers about this week - standby boat required Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 5:18 am

Hi Skyden, I was hoping to be camping this weekend but looks like the weather is gonna beat me AGAIN! I'm off thu, fri, sat, sun. Things look not too bad for me getting out on the water on thursday just for the day though. Thu lookks to be the brightest day but with a 16mph westerly blowing.
PM me your number & I'll txt you if I'm going out on the water. I launch at DMMS Balloch so I could nip over to marina if need be.

It's up to you mate
Back to top Go down
http://www.cerysmatthews.co.uk/
anjo

anjo

PostSubject: Re: Any helpfull skippers about this week - standby boat required   Any helpfull skippers about this week - standby boat required Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 2:44 pm

I sold Colin Camburn my mercruiser diagnostic kit. He may do a proper diagnostic for you. Anyway I will be at the marina from Thursday onwards.

Just shout on the VHF

And you can post Mechanical issues on Technical.
Back to top Go down
SKYEDEN

SKYEDEN

PostSubject: Re: Any helpfull skippers about this week - standby boat required   Any helpfull skippers about this week - standby boat required Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 3:31 pm

anjo wrote:
I sold Colin Camburn my mercruiser diagnostic kit. He may do a proper diagnostic for you. Anyway I will be at the marina from Thursday onwards.

Just shout on the VHF

Hi John

My mate Danny Mcguire recommended Colin to me, so i guess he will be the 3rd engineer i'll call, may just well give you a shout thinking of going out on Thursday to try her as i'm just back from running her for 30 minutes without missing a beat

Technical is so last week mate, the boat yard is where its happening now lol!

Campbell
Back to top Go down
thecarboss

thecarboss

PostSubject: Re: Any helpfull skippers about this week - standby boat required   Any helpfull skippers about this week - standby boat required Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 3:35 pm

Seems like you will have plenty of backup on thursday. all going well I should be up during the afternoon to fit my new water pump and belts.

Paul
Back to top Go down
anjo

anjo

PostSubject: Re: Any helpfull skippers about this week - standby boat required   Any helpfull skippers about this week - standby boat required Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 7:11 am

SKYEDEN wrote:
anjo wrote:

Just shout on the VHF

Hi John

My mate Danny Mcguire recommended Colin to me, so i guess he will be the 3rd engineer i'll call, may just well give you a shout thinking of going out on Thursday to try her as i'm just back from running her for 30 minutes without missing a beat

Technical is so last week mate, the boat yard is where its happening now lol!

Campbell

Just arrived home today so I will be at the marina sometime in the afternoon
Back to top Go down
SKYEDEN

SKYEDEN

PostSubject: Re: Any helpfull skippers about this week - standby boat required   Any helpfull skippers about this week - standby boat required Icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 4:41 am

Well i didn't make it to the Marina yesterday untill about 4pm, i discretly stalked Southern Comfort and Wild Life for about an hour going undetected, both very nice boats but no skippers to be seen, gave up at 5.30, are any of you guys down on saturday? I'll be there for lunch with a mate then by about 2pm once he has gone i'll beat the boat for the rest of the day hoping to get out on the water and and test her to see if she will behave or not Very Happy
Back to top Go down
thecarboss

thecarboss

PostSubject: Re: Any helpfull skippers about this week - standby boat required   Any helpfull skippers about this week - standby boat required Icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 4:45 am

LOL Very Happy

you must have been typing as I was on the other thread. Sorry mate thing got a bit busy at the garage. I'm at a wedding this weekend so might not see the boat till early next week.

Paul
Back to top Go down
anjo

anjo

PostSubject: Re: Any helpfull skippers about this week - standby boat required   Any helpfull skippers about this week - standby boat required Icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 6:19 am

Arrived yesterday evening at 18:30hrs with the admiral and the bairn in tow. I nipped round to be leg and ended up side tracked by another boat owner on the marina. I will be at the marina now until sunday afternoon.
Back to top Go down
SKYEDEN

SKYEDEN

PostSubject: Re: Any helpfull skippers about this week - standby boat required   Any helpfull skippers about this week - standby boat required Icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 6:32 am

No problem John, I'll try and find you on Saturday, i'll be there all day and night anyway
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any helpfull skippers about this week - standby boat required   Any helpfull skippers about this week - standby boat required Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Any helpfull skippers about this week - standby boat required
Page 1 of 1