Cameron House Marina Members' Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Loch quiet over the weekend

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
anjo

anjo

Loch quiet over the weekend Empty
PostSubject: Loch quiet over the weekend   Loch quiet over the weekend Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 12:54 pm

Hi all,

I was at the marina at the weekend and Friday night was a wash out as was Saturday. We decided to to take the boat for a cruise and head over to Inchcailloch when we arrived the water levels are still pretty high we then proceeded over to the north side of Inchmoan the water was pretty choppy on the way over and then noticed that the port engine was not charging and no rev counter. I then shut down the port engine and trawled the rest of the way between Inchmoan and Inchconichan and then headed to Rossdhu mooring. Once tied up to the mooring it was into the engine compartment to investigate and hey presto found that a wire had came loose from the back off the alternator. Once repair was completed we headed over to Luss to find Loch Lomond Cruises hogging the South jetty at Luss pier we were unable to get berthed as they were waiting on a wedding party. We then decided to head back to Cameron Marina via the Narrows. Througout the day we hardly seen another boat on the Loch except for a couple of speedboats and another cruiser at Rossdhu. Is the boating season coming to an end early this year as the Marina is getting alot quieter aswell.
Back to top Go down
Jumpy07

Jumpy07

PostSubject: Re: Loch quiet over the weekend   Loch quiet over the weekend Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 3:10 pm

Not surprise.. weather was foul..

My boat is on the hard at the mo... and spent the night on it on Sat night... pissed down the whole night and was windy as well... back in the Wed.. and it looks like the weather is to improve next week Tued onwards

CJ
Back to top Go down
http://www.boatlochlomond.com
SP

SP

PostSubject: Re: Loch quiet over the weekend   Loch quiet over the weekend Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 10:22 pm

Hi John,

Went to Fife over weekend after freezing the brass ones off at the marina.

Agree with jumpy the weather is looking good after the monsoons Mon/Tue, Predicted to be in the 20s.

See you over the weekend unless your down for a brew before.

sp sunny
Back to top Go down
anjo

anjo

PostSubject: Re: Loch quiet over the weekend   Loch quiet over the weekend Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 12:10 am

Steve,

Will be down on Wednesday and might just stay as I have still to finish the wax and polish to finish on the hull. Aft seat away getting reupholstered.

See ye

John
Back to top Go down
BIG ZEBEDEE

BIG ZEBEDEE

PostSubject: Re: Loch quiet over the weekend   Loch quiet over the weekend Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 10:16 am

I'll def be on the water Thursday & possibly friday but defo be on, Thursday. I'll look out for some of yeez cyclops
Back to top Go down
http://www.cerysmatthews.co.uk/
anjo

anjo

PostSubject: Re: Loch quiet over the weekend   Loch quiet over the weekend Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 10:44 pm

Will look out for you on the water.
Back to top Go down
SP

SP

PostSubject: Re: Loch quiet over the weekend   Loch quiet over the weekend Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 2:14 am

Weekend looking better each time I check, Got a wedding Saturday afternoon but be on the water Saturday night.

See you guys out there

SP
Back to top Go down
anjo

anjo

PostSubject: Re: Loch quiet over the weekend   Loch quiet over the weekend Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 1:08 pm

Will be out on the water from Friday onwards rather than sitting at the marina.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Loch quiet over the weekend   Loch quiet over the weekend Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Loch quiet over the weekend
Page 1 of 1